𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

REDEMPTION

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓
Chapter One
A Second Chance
┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

❝I'm the only being close to perfection.❞

A GROWL LEFT YOUR LIPS as you stared at the five males before you. Your red eyes turned into slits, but the strange glowing symbol underneath you somehow weakened your body more and prevented you from moving. The monk was the closest to you and how you wish to stand and rip his heart out.

"Why should I tell you anything about myself? Your human brain will barely function anything I'm saying." You spat furiously, averting your gaze away from him. The monk offered you a smile, "We could always try to get along, I'm here to help you after all. I'm the monk Tang Sanzang, what's your name?" He politely and softly spoke up, trying not to upset you more. You tsk-ed while closing your eyes to calm down a bit, "I'm Y/N Kibutsuji, the queen of demons." You introduced yourself to him.

Tang hummed and placed his hand on his chin, "Kibutsuji... That's a foreign name, you're not from here, right?"

"I came from Japan."

The monk kneeled in front of you to look you in the eye, "The queen of demons and from Japan, I would love to know more about you. How did you end up here in China?" He asked you again, hoping that you would cooperate with him. You thought of it for a moment, what would you lose if you told him about your past? It wasn't like you were going to lose anything. You sighed and looked down, "I was once a great being, feared by both demons and humans. No one was able to stand against, just one man was capable of defeating me yet he couldn't kill me. All my subordinates were willing to do anything to be in a high rank. I lived for centuries and killed so many people, I was so close to be perfect, but that brat... he-..." You cut yourself off, slamming your fist down on the ground, "He took everything from and decapitated all the powerful demons, I barely managed to escape the battle before sunrise." You finished as you clenched your fists tightly, digging your nails into your palm and making blood ooz out of your hand.

Wukong rolled his eyes, "Wow, I wonder why that person didn't kill you for hurting all those humans. You really are heartless to feel like a human, after all you're a demon." He taunted with a frown, earning him a glare from Tang. Your body trembled in rage, but you tried to calm yourself down as best as you could.

"You think I was born as a demon? I was once a human... with a weak and fragile body. I was bond to die once I reach my 20th birthday, but one cure had saved me. It gave me immortality, power, and more. The only downfall was that I have to feed on humans and I can't walk during daytime. I hated my weak self, I never wanted to be like this."

Everyone was quiet after hearing your story. Tang understood that you had lost everything, your humanity, your position in the world, everything you once had. However, one thing bugged the monk, "Did you have a family? Parents? Husband? Children?" Upon hearing his question, your head snapped toward him. Family? Yes, you used to have a family, but could you really consider the two of them as family? You had used them as a disguise to blend into the human society, but they considered you as member of the family. They always looked forward to spend time with you. They loved you, but you were too ignorant to see it. Your only purpose had blinded you to recognize their care. You seemed so calm when you remembered them, you didn't even notice the tears running down your face... You missed them.

 You missed them

"Family... Yes, I used to have one. A husband and a daughter, they both were humans. I never paid them any attention because I... I was ignorant. I'm sure they had a great life, it's been years since last I saw them. I was a horrible person and I still am, I have realized this too late. So if you want to end my life, go ahead. I hate this misery I live in."

You closed your eyes, waiting for the final blow to end your life. However, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You looked up and saw the monk staring at you with kind eyes, "You may have done horrible things in your life, but I always believe that everyone deserves a second chance to redeem themselves. Leave all of the misdeeds behind and start a new again, what do you say, Y/N?" He gently said, giving you a friendly smile. Your eyes were wide in utter surprise, "A second chance?" You mumbled under your breath.

Maybe you can start new to redeem yourself from all of the sins you had made all those years. It might be the time you try to be good at least once. You opened your mouth to speak, "I-I want to redeem myself and start a new life." Your reply seemed to please the monk as the symbol underneath you disappeared, "Good choice, now let's get you cleaned up then we will move on. You can join us in our journey." He offered you his hand to take.

You took his hand and stood up, your legs still feel a bit shaky. The monk smiled in satisfaction, "Welcome to our group, Y/N." You blinked in confusion then looked at his companions to see them all smiling at you except for Monkey King who still didn't trust you yet. Before you could say anything, the sun started to rise which was an alert to you. Without wasting time, you ran inside the small house to look for a shelter to hide away from the sun. The fives men stood there with puzzlement before Ao Lie approached the house, "Y/N, are you alright?" He asked with a bit of concern.

"The sun will burn me if I'm exposed to it directly!" You yelled your reply, hiding into the shed. Sha Wujing decided to finally speak, "So she is that kind of demons that can't walk into the sun." He pointed out, earning him a facepalm from Wukong since he knew that you had mentioned this before, "What should we do with her? We can't just travel during the night." It was Zhu Bajie's turn to ask. The monk thought for a moment, trying to figure something out. Wukong leaped in front of his master with a forced smile, "We can just leave her here and continue our journey! What do you say, master?" He suggested while hoping that Tang would listen, but his hope was crushed when the monk snapped his fingers as if he finally found a solution.

"I think I know what to do."