𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

REDEMPTION

┏•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┓
Chapter Three
The Box
┗•━•━•━ ◎ ━•━•━•┛

❝I'm the only being close to perfection.❞

WUKONG WAS FROWNING as he still held you in his arms, the blanket covering your small body. It was his permanent job to hold you while they continued their journey during the morning. However, there was something concerning that happened to you since that day.

It has been almost four days since you lost your control due to the hunger. You were still asleep since that day and you didn't wake up at all, you just slept for straight for days without even opening your eyes even a little. This actually concerned the monk, fearing that the spell might caused something and put you in a deep sleep. Right now, the Pilgrims were walking through a forest, following Tang. Zhu Bajie looked around the forest in confusion, "Master, what are we doing here?" He asked while raising an eyebrow.

The monk smiled with a hum, "You will know soon enough." Was all he said before going silent. Sha Wujing, Zhu Bajie, and Wukong shared a look of puzzlement as they followed their master to only god knows where. The walk took them a few more minutes before the group reached to a small house ahead of them. Upon reaching there, Tang knocked on the door. A moment later, the door opened to reveal an man in his later forties. The man smiled upon seeing the monk, "Oh, if it isn't the great monk Tang Sanzang visiting me in my humble abode." The man greeted warmly, making the monk smile while his other companions were still confused.

"Hello, Wang Chen, it's very nice to see you after all those years." [A/N: Wang Chen is just a random character, so no biggie].

The man known as Wang Chen smiled and moved to the side, "Please, do come in." He invited and moved aside to let the group enter. Tang stopped the man for a moment, "My friend, I was hoping if you could provide a dark room for one of my companions." He requested politely, pointing at you in Wukong's arms. Wang looked confused for a moment, "Why? Are they alright?" He asked with a bit of worry. Tang chuckled and waved his hand, "There's nothing to be worried about, my friend over here is just sensitive to the sun and gets burns easily." He said while trying not to lie or even make a small lie. Wang smiled then nodded, waving his hand for Wukong and the monk to follow him.

He took them into a dimly lit room and allowed Wukong to enter in there to place you down. When the simian put you down and was about to leave, Tang stopped him, "Wukong, stay and watch over Y/N. She might wake up any moment." He ordered firmly.

"What? But master-..."

"No buts, Wukong. Do as you're told."

With that being said, Tang left with Wang to discuss the reason of their visit. The Monkey King grumbled and sat down beside you, watching you sleeping peacefully with the muzzle still in you mouth. He huffed as he place his head on his hand, "Why should I watch over you? The others are just out there having fun while I'm stuck here with you in this gloomy room." He huffed in boredom, frowning lightly. Wukong then poked your cheek in hopes of waking you up, "I wonder why master wants you to redeem yourself so badly even though you almost attacked him two times." He mumbled while still poking your cheek. Just then...

"Hi, Wukong!"

Upon hearing his name, the Monkey King turned around to see Ao Lie standing by the door with a cheeky smile. Wukong rolled his eyes and returned to look at you, "Are you here to mock me?" He questioned with a bit if annoyance. The white horse dragon smiled and moved inside the room, sitting beside his friend, "Nope, I'm here to accompany you. I know you hate being lonely." He replied which in turn surprised Wukong, but he decided not to question it. The two remained quiet for a few minutes before Wukong spoke up again, "I wonder why master brought us here." He questioned while crossing his arms. Ao Lie shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, but I heard him say something about a box of some sort." He said, leaning back on his arms.

Wukong was confused by what he had heard. A box? The monk brought them all the way here to ask for a box from this man? Why? There was so many questions in his head, but there was no answers for them.

-TIME SKIP-

It was now evening and the group where outside the house to continue their journey. Wang handed the box to Sha Wujing to hold.

"I think you should all stay here for the night, demons are really active during the night around these woods." Wang stated, letting out a small sigh. Tang smiled and shook his head, "I'm really grateful for your hospitality, but I fear we're running late to continue our journey." He said with kindness in his tone. Wang sighed yet nodded in understanding, "Okay, but please be careful my friend." He stated, smiling at them. Eventually, the man bid goodbye to the monk and his companions before going inside his house.

As they walked, the sun started to slowly set, "Master, why do we need this box?" Sha Wujing spoke up, looking at the box that looked like a backpack. Tang hummed with a peaceful smile on his face, "This box is made of a light wood, Y/N will remain in the box during our travel in the daytime and leave it at night." He explained while pointing his finger up. Wukong who was still holding you rolled his eyes, "And who is going to hold her with the box?" He asked, hoping that he won't be in charge. However, his hopes were completely crushed.

"Why you, of course."

"Again! Why me? The others can also hold her!" He protested in frustration.

Tang sighed then stopped, turning to face Wukong, "You must understand that you're the only one to remain with her for long. Y/N is immortal and so you're, I want you two to get along so you can make sure she fully redeems herself from her sins. Consider this as a practice to learn how to be responsible." He explained firmly, making everyone go silent. He then let out another sigh, "It's getting late, let's camp somewhere safe." He instructed before proceeding to walk, the group following him. Wukong frowned, thinking of what Tang had just said. The monk was right, Wukong and you are immortal, he was the only one to be with you for long years.

For now, he will try and take responsibility of looking after you as the monk wished. He didn't want to disappoint his master in this task. As the group continued their way to find a good camping place, they didn't acknowledge the watching eyes observing them hungrily... to be more specific, observing the monk.