midnight

i was right.

nothing good lasted forever.

Pavitr got really hurt on a mission and i saw it happen infront of my eyes, i could of stopped it i knew i could of-

"Hey. it wasn't your fault, you wouldn't of got to him in time to stop the building because you was about 40 feet away." Gwen touched my shoulder, i shivered because of how lost in thought i was, there was a few tears in my eyes but i overcame it, Pavitr had been my first friend when i first joined the spider society, so we've been friends for a good few years.

people came and went while i was in the hospital, i refused to leave unless it was to shower or change clothes. i stayed overnight for a week until Gwen convinced me to leave for a few nights to have a sleepover with her, Miles and Hobie.

i heard a knock on the hospital door, it was Gwen, i obviously opened the door. "Hey Gwen" i said to her, she dragged me outside of the room. "What are you doing!?"

"We are going to a sleepover, i won't take no for an answer, you've been in here for a week!"

"But-" she covered my mouth, and grabbed my stuff then dragged me out of the hospital. "for god's sake Gwen." i sighed she laughed and i let out a bit of a smile. Once we was there we ended up playing truth or dare.

"Ok!!! Miles truth or dare?" Gwen turned her head to Miles who had answered with dare. "I dare you to try handstand."

Miles failed miserably and we all laughed really hard, Miles did aswell don't worry we aren't bullying the poor kid. "Ok uhh, Hobie truth or dare?" Miles asked.

"Truth i ain't tryna do a handstand like you mate" Hobie said.

"Alright, do you have a girlfriend?" Miles wondered because he thought Hobie was so cool he'd have loads of girls after him.

"I don't believe in labels- but no i don't" I could swear he looked at me when he said that, but probably just my imagination. "Right, y/n truth or dare?" i said truth because since he's a punk, he could come up with a really good dare and i don't want to be a victim of it. "Do you like pav?" he raised an eyebrow.

"What? No! what makes you think that?" i was shocked with that question.

"you literally refused to come out that hospital luv and your very close innit?" Hobie replied

"Ohhh" i laugh. "no it's just that Pavitr was the first person i met when i came to spider society, he helped me with a lot of things, so that's why we are close"

"Ah that's goo- cool" Hobie said.

"Gwen, truth or dare?" I faced her.

"Dare." she smirked, but when we got to the cliff her smile faded. "And why do we have to be here?"

"I dare you to jump off this cliff into the river and scream 'i suck big hairy toes.' then walk out like a fashion icon." i smirked. Gwen looked like she had just been traumatised.

"For gods sake" she sighed, then started walking away for a run up, she ran and dragged me with her.

"Gwen, Gwen, Gwen! I CANT SW-" (i was going to say i can't swim)

"WE SUCK BIG HAIRY TOE- wait what!?" Gwen screamed. we fell into the river and i smashed into the waves, Gwen tried to look for me in the waves but since the river was so big (like hobie's c-) it was hard for just one person to find me, without hesitation Hobie came down straight away and Miles followed him after.

"Y/N!" Gwen screamed her voice cracking with tears in her eyes. "This is my fault this is my fault" she whispered to herself.

"we'll find her Gwen." Hobie put his hand on her shoulder, then started looking for me again. "Y/n, luv. where are you?.." he said to himself.

Miles screamed out; "I FOUND HER SHE'S OVER HERE!" and Gwen and Hobie came sprinting to me. i coughed up a lot of water and shortly after i caught my breath, Gwen pulled me into a tight hug, there was this look in Hobie's eyes that i would never forget.

He looked at me, with so much emotion i just- i mean when Gwen was hugging me we was just looking at each other, i don't know why but i could feel some tension, i don't know what tension but i'll probably figure it out soon.

"Miles, thank you so much." i said to him, giving Miles a hug aswell as Gwen, i still could feel Hobie's eyes on me.

"Anytime" he chuckled and we all just went back home.

once we got back to the house, we was watching some movie, i can't remember what thought because i fell asleep half way through it, i woke up on Hobie's chest, for the second time. how many times was i gonna do this, luckily this time he was asleep but there was a blanket over both of us and i swiftly pulled it off of myself putting it onto Hobie.

i decided to go for a little swing around to watch the sun rise since it was still quite early, i don't usually get up early but it was time i changed things up a little bit.

*a few weeks later*

Pavitr got out the hospital about a week ago, and once he made a group chat for him, me, Hobie, Gwen and Miles.

Pavitr:
HELLO☺️👋 EVERYONE!

Me:
Pavitr who are these unknown numbers?

Pavitr:,
Oh🤭 I forgot🤯😱 that you 🫵don't ✌️have their numbers, INTRODUCE YOURSELFS

?:
It's Hobie, luv.

??:
Gwen🩷🩷

???:
Miles!

Me: Oh ok! i just added in all your numbers to my contacts!

Pavitr:
Now that that's sorted😽 We🙀 should😼 all👻 go🤝 to the fair🎠🎡🎢

Hobie:
I hate the fair, i'm not coming

Me:
ohhh that would be so fun!

Hobie:
When we leaving

Miles:
lol🤨🤨🤨 idk when are you guys free?

Gwen:
so we just gonna ignore that hobie completely switched up when y/n said it would we fun

Miles:
i guess so

Pavitr:
i'm 😝 free 🔛 on tuesday🕤

Me:
same!

Gwen:
me and miles are aswell

Hobie:
you two together yet or nah

Me:
word

Miles:
No we don't like eachother like that!

Pavitr:
🤭There is🫶 so much 🩷tension 🙀

Hobie:
Yea i'm free on tuesday innit

~

help this was only 1102 words

suggestions?

I LOVE YOU ALL TYSM FOR READING MY BOOK!