incognito

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT NEW MARKET IS!?" I gasped, dramatically falling on my back to the floor, i sat up and started to explain. "Ok so it's something i used to play when i was little at pubs with my family, so basically we all get around fifty pence (0.50 cents for you Americans <3) and everyone has to pay 5 pence to get in and 5 pence to get out, everyone gets seven cards since we are six people. There is a 'boss' of each round and they get the option to switch their deck for ' the dummy' which is another amount of seven cards, if they don't want it the dummy is now up for sale and anyone can buy it for 5 pence, after everyone has paid you can start playing, we have to sit in a square, rectangle or a circle for this game, then after that the boss of the game starts off and places their lowest black or red card (spades, clubs, hearts, diamonds) so let's say they placed a 4 of diamonds, anyone who has the five of diamonds places it down, if no one else has the six of diamonds the person who placed the five of diamonds has to place their lowest black card, so on so on, whoever gets rid of their cards first wins all the money we placed in to play, then you have to choose one card from another deck and whoever placed that card down wins the 'out' money. ANY QUESTIONS." i looked around to see no one has a question "Good! Let's start."

Gwen was the boss of this round and took the dummy, we all started playing.

"Ace of Spades" Gwen said.

"Two, Three of Spades" Gayatri replied, there was pure silence after that. "Has no one got the Four of Spades?" We all shook our heads, Gayatri continued playing. "Ok, lowest red.. Ten of Diamonds." She smirked.

"Jack Of Diamonds" I smirked.

"Queen." Miles grinned.

"King." I laughed. "Hobie and Pavitr still haven't placed any cards down, you poor fella's!"

I looked at my deck and saw my lowest blacks was the five of spades and the five of clubs, i was stuck on which one to choose so i just did the one i didn't think people would have, the spade.

"Five of spades." I looked up.

"Six, Seven, Eight, Nine" Pavitr giggled, he was already down to three cards.

"Ten, Jack!" Gwen smiled, no one responded, so she just continued with her lowest red. "Six of Hearts"

"Seven" Hobie placed down his card.

"Eight, Nine" I responded.

"Jack" Miles addressed, but he didn't know that i was just about to win.

"Queen, King." I laughed, taking the entrance money, Gwen high-fived me and so did Gayatri, i then opened the other deck of cards, giving them to Hobie to shuffle so i couldn't see them.

"Ok pick one" Hobie smiled at Gwen, spreading the cards out, She took a card from the middle and looked at it.

"Ok, who has the Jack of Hearts?" Gwen questioned.

"I have it!" Pavitr said, showing us the card.

"Aw Pav" i tutted. "You didn't place it down so it means no one won." Pavitr let out a big 'oh' showing that he gets the game now. We all placed in our entry money and then added more money to the pot that no-one won, making it an even bigger prize.

Hobie was the boss of this round, and he placed down his lowest black which was the three of spades, Pavitr followed after with the four and five, Miles put down the six, i had the seven eight and nine and no one went after that. i then put my lowest red which was the Eight of hearts.

-fast forward-

Ok. so i had two cards left, Gwen had four, Miles had two, Hobie had three, Gayatri had two and Pavitr had three, it was Gayatri's turn and she had to put down her lowest red.

"Oh um, i don't have any red cards!" Which meant the person sitting next to her left had to go, which was Gwen, she didn't have red either, so the person on Gwen's left had to go which was Miles."

"Jack of Diamonds" He confidently stated, he thought he was about to win, no one responded which meant he had to put down his lowest black, but he didn't have any so he passed it on to Hobie who placed the queen of clubs, i followed with the king but i didn't have any red, which passed it over to Pav.

"Jack, Queen, King of Hearts!" Pavitr won and clapped his hands before taking the entrance money, Miles took the cards and shuffled them, signalling for Hobie to choose one.

"Right it's the Nine of Hearts, whose got it?" Hobie asked us, we all quickly looked at the cards we placed down and i shook my head followed along with Pavitr and Miles and Gwen said 'nope' Gayatri smirked.

"I have it!" She pointed to the card she had placed down, we all clapped for her and then went on to play truth or dare.