Prologue

Zoey's POV
Hi I'm Zoey Davis and I am madly in love with my next door neighbor aka my mom's best friend. Her name is Gwendoline Christie, but I always preferred to call her Gwennie or Gwen since I was able to talk.
My mom and Gwen had been best friends ever since they were little. They did everything together and drifted a little when they went to college. That lasted until my mom fell pregnant with my younger sister, Emily. My dad is a business consultant who is always going on trips. Gwen decided to move next door to help my mom with everything.
My mom is a nurse so she is on many shifts at many different times. She is always tired yet seems to find time for Emily and I. Her and dad always supported me being a lesbian and I am grateful for that.
Gwen is an actress by the way, a really amazing one at that. She took time off to help my mom who is forever grateful for that. I secretly watch her movies and tv shows just to see her beautiful face every now and then. I recently found out she is starring in a new show called Wednesday. It is basically focusing on Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family. Gwennie said she would take me with her when she was filming, so I could watch her. I was excited about that.
My sister knows about my crush and likes to tease me any chance she gets. My crush is nothing to laugh about.. it is very serious! Oh how I wish she felt the same for me..