Can't Avoid It Any Longer

Gwen's POV

I woke up to the sound of light snores. I looked down to see Zoey resting her head on my chest. Her mouth was open and snores as well as drool were coming out of her mouth.

That's when I realized I could get used to this. Falling asleep and waking up with this gorgeous woman in my arms. I think I am in love with her.

I placed a soft kiss on her cheek before climbing out of bed. I got ready for the day and decided to give Victor a call.

I sat down at my dining room table and worked up the courage to call him.

The phone rang twice before he answered.

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"Um, I wanted to talk to you about something."
"What is it?" he asked me.

"I think we should end whatever it is that we have before it gets too serious. I don't think I ever really liked you except maybe younger me. I thought I could give you a second chance, but it clearly isn't working out."
"Whatever, it's your choice Gwendoline," Victor said before hanging up.

Well, that went better than expected.

A few seconds later, I heard my front door shut. I looked out my window to see Zoey walking back to her house.

I felt somewhat disappointed, but I wasn't surprised. Honestly, I think she hates me. I don't blame her though. I shouldn't have ran to something familiar aka Victor when things got complicated.

I went upstairs to my room to see the bed made and the medicine was gone. I laid on the bed where Zoey once was. It smelled just like her. I breathed in her scent. God, I miss her already.

Zoey's POV

I slowly woke up. My head was pounding and I felt like shit. I smelled a familiar scent and a smile came onto my face. I opened my eyes and realized I was in Gwen's room.

I quickly jumped out of bed only to groan from the pain in my head. I saw medicine and water on the nightstand next to me. I took it and sat on the edge of the bed.

After a few minutes of sitting there, I got up and made the bed. It was the least I could do.

I slowly made my way downstairs. I heard Gwen on the phone and I quickly figured out she was talking to Victor.

Ugh, of course.

I walked out of her house and back to mine.

"Where were you?" Emily asked me as soon as I entered the house.

"At Gwen's."
"Did yall fuck?"
"Emily watch your mouth and no we didn't."

"Ok mom then what happened?" she questioned.

I explained to her what happened and all she said was "awe".

"Yeah yeah. Is mom home?" I asked.

"Yup and she was so tired that she went to sleep as soon as she got home. I don't think she even knew you went out."

"Thank goodness."
There was a moment of silence before Emily said, "Look, I am on your side and all, but I think you should talk to Gwen. Just figure things out so you don't worry so much."
"We will see," I said before heading up to my room.

I unlocked my phone and opened Marcus' contact.

Me: Hey I just wanted to thank you for last night.

Marcus: It was no problem at all. That mf deserved it.

Me: Still, thank you. Idk what I would do if you weren't there.

Marcus: Let's not think of that pretty girl. Also you left your car here. Want me to drop it off?

Me: That would be great, thank you.

Marcus: No problem.

I was feeling kind of hungry, but I don't think my stomach could handle anything right now. I decided to sleep off this hangover.

I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

I was back at the party. That same guy grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the same room.

He threw me on the bed and straddled my thighs.
Why am I reliving this nightmare?!

"Get the fuck off me!" I yelled, "help!"

"Shut the fuck up you fucking bitch," he yelled and slapped me before taking off my shirt.

Just as he was about to take off my pants the door slammed open.

It wasn't Marcus that came in to save me. It was Gwen.

She kept beating the guy and wouldn't stop. She kept punching his lifeless body over and over and over again.

"Gwen, stop, that's enough!" I screamed.

She didn't stop.

I ran up to her and tried pulling her off him, but she was too strong.

I guess I pulled on her too hard that I fell back and banged my head against the table behind me.

"Zoey!" I heard someone yell.

"Zoey!" they said again.

I slowly opened my eyes to see my mom above me.

"Are you ok Zoey?" she asked.

"Uh y-yeah just a bad dream."

I started to tear up.

"Do you want to be alone?"
"N-No."
My mom climbed up on bed and pulled me in her arms. She stroked my hair and occasionally kissed my forehead.

"I got you honey. I love you and I am so sorry that I am hardly around."

"It's ok mom. I missed you," I said.

"I missed you too honey. So much."

"Are you hungry?" my mom asked me.
I nodded.

"I'll go make you your favorite."
With that she left my room. I heard a ding from my phone and immediately grabbed it.

It was Catherine, you know the famous actress, who gave me her number on Wednesday.

Catherine: Hey Zoe, it's Catherine, I have something to ask you.

Me: Hey, what is it?

Catherine: Would you like to come watch us film another episode on Wednesday?

Me: Of course, but will Gwen be there?

Catherine: I believe so. Will that be a problem?

Me: No not at all.

I have to face Gwen sometime. I guess it will be sooner rather than later.

"Dinner's ready!" my mom yelled.

After we ate, I showered and went to bed. I napped for hours earlier, so I wasn't too tired. I stayed up watching movies, but that was just background noise. My thoughts were loud. I thought about how it would be being in close proximity with Gwen tomorrow.

I mean I couldn't avoid her forever.