Knock, Knock.. Surprise

Tw: mentions of verbal abuse and physical abuse
Gwen's POV
I decided to go out and get new clothes to wear to an upcoming fashion show a few hours after dropping Zoey and Emily off to school. I felt bad that she was late for school and I tried to get them there on time without getting pulled over.
I was driving back home when I saw Zoey walking on a sidewalk. I usually drive past the school on my way back home, so it wasn't a big deal talking to Zoey and Emily in the first place. I pulled up to her and rolled my window down.
"Zoey!" I yelled trying to get her attention. She looked up at me.
"Hey Gwennie," she said as she stopped and walked towards my car.
"What the hell are you doing walking around town as if there aren't serial killers, kidnappers, mur-" I was cut off by Zoey.
"I'm sorry I forgot I didn't have my car and I got detention an-" she started sobbing.
Shit I felt bad for freaking out on her.
"Darling get in the car please. I will take you home," I told her.
She got in the passenger seat and wiped her tears with the back of her hands.
"Why don't you come over to my house for a little bit?" I asked.
She just nodded trying not to cry again. I started rubbing my back, running my fingers in soothing circles before pulling her into a hug. I held her for a while before I pulled away and started driving towards my house.
15 minutes later we got to my house.
"Do you want to order pizza?" I asked to which she nodded.
I just ordered a pepperoni pizza since she didn't tell me what she wanted.
"Hey I am going to text Emily about where I am at so she doesn't freak out," she said.
"Ok darling i'll be on the couch," I replied.
I poured myself a glass of wine before I sat on the couch and pulled out the newest Vogue magazine that I was on the cover of.
I began looking through the pages and looking at all the ravishing outfits that people wore. I loved fashion. I loved modeling. I used to be insecure about my height and I still sort of am, but modeling helped me feel truly powerful.
About 10 minutes later, Zoey came out and was heading towards the couch when she tripped over her feet and landed in my lap.
"Oh," I let out a surprised gasp.
"I-I am s-so s-sorry," Zoey stuttered out an apology.
I wrapped my arms around her waist to sit her up. I could see her cheeks turn a slight pink color. I smirked to myself.
I knew Zoey had a crush on me and I was fond of her myself, but it couldn't happen. She was my best friend's daughter after all.
"It's ok love, don't sweat it," I said. I saw her face flush again."So how do you feel about the new show you are working on?" Zoey asked me.
"I am kind of nervous, but really excited at the same time. If you want, I am sure I can take you on set with me so you can experience what I do. That is if you want," I said.
"Yes!" she squealed before wrapping her arms around my neck.
I laughed at her excitement then wrapped my arms around her waist. She felt like home. I breathed in her scent which smelled of strawberries. She smelled delicious.
I snapped out of my thoughts and realized what I was doing.
This is my best friend's daughter for bloody sake! I can't fall more than I already have.
I pulled away from her quickly and she gave me a confused look before sitting down and turning on the tv.
I heard the doorbell ring and I assumed it was the pizza.
I opened the door to come face to face with my ex boyfriend, Victor or who I used to call the love of my life before I realized who he really was.
He was so nice and caring at first. He didn't care that I was taller than him and he made me feel special about being a 6'3 woman.
Then all of a sudden things changed. He was distant and stopped complimenting me. He would always come home drunk and would tell me hurtful things like how worthless I am, how no one would like a giant like myself, how I am better off with him and no one else. He would cheat on me with younger women, but that didn't bother me as much as the comments and threats.
He threatened to hit me multiple times if I left him. When I worked up the courage to leave him, he hit me. Repeatedly.
I was found by Jen, Zoey's mom, all swollen and beaten up laying on my living room floor. I was taken to the hospital, but I was scared to say who it was. I didn't want to get him in trouble because in some sick and twisted way I still loved him. Not anymore though.
"Hey baby," Victor said while leaning against the front door frame.
"Don't ever call me that again now what the hell do you want?" I spat.
"I just wanted to ask you something," he replied.
"Like I would waste my time on you again. You hurt me Victor. Why would I bloody go back to you?!" I screamed.
"Listen bab- Gwen, I miss you. I made a mistake and I want you back. I regret what I did to you and I am so sorry. Please forgive me?" he said finishing his little speech and I was stunned.
He never apologized to me before. EVER. It was always my fault even if it was really his.
That's why I vowed to never see him again because I knew he could use his words and I would go crawling back to him.
What about Zoey? My feelings for her? Maybe I could use him to get over her then get rid of him?