New Lover, New Friend

Zoey's POV

I was very depressed. After seeing Gwen and Victor my heart shattered into a million pieces. Mom knew something was up but she didn't question me on it. I missed school for the next week and Emily had to ride the bus to and from school.

Tomorrow was our weekly dinner and I was dreading it. I was tempted to make an excuse and stay in my room, but mom would see right through it. Plus, I want to show Gwen that I am a grown ass woman who will not be affected by this. I told Emily what happened and she wanted to beat Gwen's ass, but I told her to leave it be. For now.

Oh I broke my leg by the way. My mom saw me limping around and did a check up herself before saying it was serious enough to take me to the hospital.

I am currently laying on my bed reading a book with my crutches right next to me.

"Zoey omg guess what," Emily said bursting into my room.

"First of all knock next time and second of all what," I said.

"I overheard mom talking to Gwen on the phone and she is bringing her new boy toy to tomorrow's dinner," Emily said.

"Of course she is," I replied before returning to my book.

"You gotta let me make you look hot for this dinner," Emily said.

I gave her a look, but thought about it. She was all about fashion and makeup. That's what her and Gwen bonded over. They went to fashion shows together and drooled over models in magazines.

I wanted to show Gwen who she got involved with.

"Fine, but don't screw this up," I said.

"I won't," Emily squealed before running to her room.

I stopped reading and was scrolling on instagram. I got a notification that Gwen posted and I clicked on it. It was a picture of her holding Victor's hand. I couldn't see Victor because he was taking the picture, but I knew it was him.

Tears welled up in my eyes. Great, I'm crying. Again.

I had an idea. I pulled out the piece of paper that had Marcus's number on it and texted him.

Zoey: Hey is this Marcus?

Marcus: Yes who's this??

Zoey: It's Zoey from school.. I was wondering when your next party was..

Marcus: Oh hey pretty girl and I'm throwing one tomorrow. You're welcome to come if you want.

Zoey: I'll be there!

Marcus: Awesome! See ya there!!

With that I put my phone down and went to Emily's room so she could get me ready.

An hour later, I was in a black dress that hit mid-thigh, but wasn't revealing too much. I had a smokey eye look with dark red lipstick on. My hair was curled and in a half up half down style.

Mom had just finished cooking and everything was set at the table. I sat in my seat in the dining room and mom walked in from the kitchen.

"Well don't you look lovely Zoey," mom said as she kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks mom!" I replied.

Just then someone knocked on the front door and in walked Gwen and Victor.

Ugh time to be a bad bitch.

I heard Victor talking to my mom while footsteps made their way to the dining room.

I turned to see Gwen walking in with a pie in hand. She stopped and stared at me for a second before placing the pie down and walking back to mom and Victor.

God why does she have to look so damn good..

After everyone got introduced and caught up, I went to the bathroom to touch up my makeup and hair while everyone found their seats at the table.

I got back a couple minutes later and my jaw dropped.

Victor was sitting in MY seat.

"Um excuse me this is my seat," I told him sassily.

"Just sit next to me sweetie. Don't be rude to our guest," my mom said.

"Yeah kid," Victor said to me so only I could hear him. I rolled my eyes.

I sat down next to my mom. I am now sitting across from Gwennie.

I didn't feel like eating, so I decided to get some mashed potatoes, but they were in between Gwen and Emily.

"Emily, can you pass me the mashed potatoes?" I asked, ignoring Gwen's who was closer to the potatoes.

Before she could reach them, Gwen picked up the bowl and handed it to me. Our fingers brushed and I swear I felt electricity run through my entire body.

"What do you say Zoey?" my mom asked me as if I was a child.

"Thank you," I muttered.

"You're welcome Zo," Gwen replied.

I got a small serving of potatoes. Like I said, I wasn't hungry.

"Is that all you're going to eat Zoey?" my mom asked.

I nodded my head and I could feel Gwen giving me a look filled with concern.

As I was reaching for a spoon, my finger accidentally swiped my mashed potatoes.

Dammit!
Just then, I thought of an amazing idea. I brought the finger with mashed potatoes on it to my lips and put it in my mouth. I slowly sucked the potatoes off my finger and made eye contact with Gwen.

Her lips were parted and her eyes turned darker.

Bingo!

We finished eating and Victor was now talking to my mom. Most likely about work or Gwen. Emily was sitting on the couch on her phone.

I really have to pee now. I went up to the bathroom and closed the door.

As I was about to pull up my dress, the door slammed open and quickly shut.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled.

It was Gwen.

"Language Zoey," Gwen scolded me.

"You have no right to tell me what to do," I replied while crossing my arms across my chest.

"We need to talk," Gwen told me while looking down at her feet.

"About what? The kiss? I am over that now and besides it meant nothing. You have a boyfriend now and I am happily single," I told her.

I could see her start to tear up. She started walking closer to me. I walked back until I hit the wall behind me.

"I am so sorry Zoey. I should have never ignored you. You're my best friend's daughter and I couldn't do that to your mom," Gwennie said. I started to tear up too.

Before she could say anything else I ran around her and opened the door.

"Zoey, wait," she called after me.

I didn't stop, I just ran to my room and locked it behind me. I threw myself on my bed and started crying.

If she was so sorry then she wouldn't have thrown herself into a relationship with Victor. She wouldn't have ignored me.

Why did I have to fall for her?

That question was on my mind the rest of the night.