chapter 21 : UNVIELING TRUTH

After sikhandini sent off that prince, Nivashini sighed hard in relief and went near sikhandini hugging her from side, venting out her fear through tears.... Sikhandini startled at her action but she is confused and turmoiled between whether she should comfort her or not............

Sikhandini moved a back from Nivashini breaking the hug ‘ Go to your chamber’ she said moving forward and saw the expecting eyes of Nivashini....

Sikhandini: Do you want to say anything?

Nivashini gulped at her demanding tone ‘ May I accompany you’? She said with a hopefilled look either sikhandini didn't have Heart to deny her, and didn't wishes to leave that little girl after seeing the turmoil she faced.....

Sikhandini knew her brother will express his displeasure but still she didn't want to leave her atleast during their stay at dravida for sake of their responsibility.......

Satyajit and duryodhana are having their usual conversation which got a break after sikhandini ended up into chamber.

Satyajit didn't feel so good after seeing Nivashini with his sister, neither he can't conclude what happened....

Sikhandini: sorry I can't make it today, Rajkumar duryodhana please hope you understand, I know it's not a good thing but please......

Satyajit: But sikha......

He stops abruptly after bearing a glare from her and left with duryodhana after glaring at Nivashini who stood behind sikhandini........

__________________

It's a new day, entire palace is in hustle, friends of karna are dressing him up, meanwhile in shashirekha is getting dressed up....

Most of the women came to entrance garden of palace where a little hole is digged and beside it a bamboo pole smeared with turmeric, banana leaves tied with yellow coloured rope, was kept......

Guests and family members came to the place and purohit is chanting the hymns.......

Sikhandini: kay, what's this ritual upto?

Kayal: It's called as panthakaal, which is done for announcing the marriage literally but there is another objectice.

Sikhandini: what's that......

Kayal: It's performed to seek blessings for the bride and groom from the ancestral deity. This ceremony removes the negative energy and evil eyes from the house where marriage is held.

Sikhandini: so your deity?

Rajeshwari: Kottravai.....

Sikhandini looked at rajeshwari with curiosity, who's standing beside them...

Rajeshwari is explaining about her land for nth person meanwhile sikhandini patiently listening to it with utmost curious........

Their attention got distracted by arrival of shashirekha....

The ritual got started and some married women were performing it, in sometime they placed the bamboo pole into the hole while pouring some grains and milk

The ritual got started and some married women were performing it, in sometime they placed the bamboo pole into the hole while pouring some grains and milk..... At last performing aarti..... Karna and shashirekha got blessings from elders.......

Sikhandini is on way to her chamber thinking about the talk between two members, maybe some chieftains.....

Sikhandini's pov

They were talking like Avantirani was adopted daughter of King pulivendhan, if is that is true who will be her real family? I too feel some unknown similarities with her? Is that...........

Author's pov

Sikhandini is trying to connect the dots..... Meanwhile decided to reach kayalvizhi for her answers maybe she know something......

Sikhandini: kayal...... Kayal.........

She is shouting her name running behind in order to join her.......

Kayal: Hey what happened?

Sikhandini: I want to ask you something......

Kayal: yes ask, what?

Sikhandini: Is that jiji shashirekha was adopted daughter of King?

Kayalvizhi stood their rooted, she don't know how to react, whether to tell her or not.....

Kayal: who told you this.....

Sikhandini: well, gossips of some men. But answer me.....

Kayal: Promise me, you won't tell anyone....

Sikhandini: why I have to.... Just answer my question.......

Kayal: That's........

She dragged her words.... Her voice betrayed her blurting pout everything to sikhandini......

Kayal: please please, don't tell it to anyone.....

Sikhandini: I promise I will not.....

She said in shaky voice, her legs were swelling to be steady, eyes were pooled up with tears to broke down.....

Sikhandini: I'm ...I'm... Leaving.....

Sikhandini left the place hurriedly wiping her tears......

Kayal: where are you going it's time for Nalangu (Haldi)..... Sikhaaa!!!!!!

Kayalvizhi is shouting in her place, calling sikhandini but she left hurriedly.......

Kayal: what happened!!

Her eyes get hold of worriness.....

Kayal: should I tell it to akka!!!

She questioned herself.... Eventually left the place.......

Kayalvizhi came into rekha's room absentmindedly....

Shashirekha: what happened kayal?

Kayal: I'm worried about sikhandini....

Shashirekha: why? What happened to her.....

Kayal: She questioned me about you....

Shashirekha: what?

Kayal: she told she heard that some person talking about you being adopted daughter of Appa....
She enquired about it to me?

Shashirekha hold her shoulders, Her eyes were emitting panic....

Shashirekha: Did you told everything?

She questioned, but she prayed internally that the answer should be no....... Kayalvizhi shooked her head in positive....

~pcchhhh~ shashirekha kept her hands on forehead, groaning with irritation......