18

Kiara and Steve arrive at the place and they both get out of the car.

'This is it.' Steve says. 'The file came from these coordinates.' Kiara says.

'So did we.' Steve says.

Kiara gives him a confused look.

'This camp is where we spend a lot of time together.' Steve says while they walk around.

'Change much?' Kiara asks.

'A little.' He replies.

'This is a dead end.' Kiara says after a few seconds. 'Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off.'

Steve stares at something.

'What is it?'

He walks over to a sort of rock building.

'Amry regulations forbid strong munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place.' Steve explains while they walk towards the building. Steve smashes his shield against the lock and it breaks.

They walk down the stairs into the building. When Steve turns on the light, a big S.H.I.E.L.D. logo appears in the room with tables and chairs.

'This is S.H.I.E.L.D.' Kiara says.

'Maybe where it started.' Steve as while he looks around.

Steve walks further into the room. After Kiara takes a another good look at her family, she follows him.

Steve sees wind coming into the room from between 2 storage closets. 'If you're already working in a secret office. . .' He opens a way to a secret elevator. '. . .why do you need to hide the elevator?'

Kiara scans the code on the panel to gain acces and it works. The elevator opens and they both get in.

They end up in a old server room. They both look around for a while and then Kiara says, 'This can't be the data point. This technology is ancient.'

Then she sees something and takes a closer look at it. Then she looks at the drive she has in her hands. She puts it on the thing and the room lights slight up and the machines start to work.

This appears on one of the screens:

INITIATE SYSTEM?

Kiara walks over to the keyboard. 'Y-E-S spells yes.'

'Shall we play a game?' Kiara asks. 'It's from a movie that was really . . .'

'I know, we saw it together, Kie.' Steve says. 'Oh, yeah. That's true.'

Rogers, Steven, born 1918.

Then the camera turns to Kiara.

Carter, Kiara, born 1923.

'It's some kind of recording.' Kiara states.

I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner on 1945. But I am.

'You know this thing?' Kiara asks Steve.

'We both do. Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years.' Steve explains. 'We were send on a mission to get him when you. . .'

'Oh.' Kiara says, knowing what he's implying.

First correction, I am Swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive.

Kiara takes a quick look around the room.

In 1972, I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body. My mind, however, that was worth saving, on 200,000 feet of databanks. You are standing in my brain.