45

Kiara jolts awake after having her 4th nightmare this week. After she found out that Dreykov is still alive, she's been getting more nightmares again.

Usually, Steve is there to help her calm down. Pulling her in his arms, softly stroking her hair, whispering sweet words in her ear and giving her little kisses on the back of her head.

Kiara looks at the time. 3:00 am. She gets out of bed with a groan and walks to the kitchen.

She makes some coffee, seeing she's not getting anymore sleep this night, she walks to the livingroom and puts on the tv as she sits down on the couch.

Kiara sighs as she takes a sip of her warm coffee when she gets a text. She opens it and reads this.

James: Picking you up in the
morning, be ready.

Kiara: You got it.

She puts her phone on the couch again and puts on Modern Family to watch. It has always been one of her favorite shows since it came out. She sits back a little more as she grabs a blanket and starts watching the show.

***

Kiara has fallen asleep after a while of watching Modern Family in the middle of the night. When there's knocking on her door, Kiara wakes up with a groan.

'Wake up, Carter!' She can hear Bucky say on the other side of the door.

Kiara stands up and walks slowly to the door. She opens it and sees Bucky in a Winter Soldier like outfit, but different and he has a big bag in his hand.

'Hey.' Kiara says tired as she steps aside to let him in.

'Goodmorning to you, too.' Bucky says with a smirk as he walks inside.

Kiara closes the door as Bucky lets the bag fall with a thud. Kiara turns around and looks at it with a curious look. 'What's in that?' Kiara asks.

'Something for you.' He says as he opens it.

He takes out a suit, gauntles and holster for her and hands it to her. Kiara looks confused at it. Once Bucky sees how she looks, he stands up.

'Put it on.' He says.

'Why?' She asks.

'I'll explain on the way.' He says.

Kiara sighs as she walks to the bathroom and gets out of her comfy clothes and puts on the suit Bucky gave her. Then she puts the holster around her hips and her leg. Then she pulls the hairtye out of her hair, letting her blond hair fall down. And last, she puts the gauntles around her arms.

She grabs her brush and brushes her hair. Then she splashes cold water in her face, waking herself up a little bit more because she didn't get much sleep last night. After she's done, she opens the bathroom door and steps out of the bathroom.

'Done.' Kiara says as she closes the bathroom door. 'Now will you please tell me where we going and why I have to wear this for that?'

'Once we're on the road I'll tell you, I promise.' Bucky says as he closes the bag and picks it up. 'Shall we?' He asks, pointing to the door.

Kiara sighs. 'Fine.' She says as she walks to the door.

Bucky opens the door and Kiara walks out first. Bucky follows her and closes the door behind him. They walk to his car and both get in.

'Now will you tell me where we're going?' Kiara asks as Bucky starts the car.

'I found Natasha.' Bucky says as he starts to drive.

'You did?!' Kiara asks shocked. 'Where is she?'

'By her old "partens". Melina Vostokoff and Alexei Shostakov.'

'How do you know where they live?' Kiara asks.

'Hydra ties.' Bucky answers.

***

After a two hour drive, Kiara and Bucky arrive at the place where Natasha is supposed to be. Kiara quickly gets out of the car, eager to see another loved one again after so long.

She quickly walks closer to the alone standing house. When she gets closer, she sees four people walking towards the house.

And then she sees Natasha and starts to walk a little faster. When she's close enough to say something so they can hear her, she says. 'Nat!'

They all stop walking and turn around. All of them are looking confused at her, except for Natasha, who has now a big smile on her face.

Natasha starts to walk towards Kiara, but gets stopped by Alexei first. Natasha pushes his arm out of the way as she says. 'Get out of my way.'

When Alexei lets her go, Natasha starts to run towards Kiara and as soon as Natasha is close to Kiara, Natasha warps her arms around Kiara and Kiara does the same.

'Oh, my god.' Natasha says as she hugs Kiara tighter. 'I thought I'd never see you again.' She says as her voice slightly breaks.

'I'm so glad you're okay.' Kiara whispers. 'I missed you so much.'

'I missed you, too.' Natasha whispers. 'Do you know-'

'Yeah, I do.' Kiara whispers as she pulls away, answering Natasha's unfinished sentence about Dreykov.

Then Natasha sees Bucky standing behind Kiara and it seems like she's lost for words when she sees him. 'H-hi.' Natasha says.

'Hi, Nat.' Bucky says as he walks closer until he's next to Kiara. 'It's good to see you.' He says slightly nervous.

Then someone clears his throat. When the three of them look to the direction of the place where the sound came from, they see Alexei taking a step forward.

'Who are they?' He asks.

'That's none of your business.' Natasha says annoyed.

'Wait, wait, wait.' He says all of the sudden, getting very close to Kiara. Once he gets a good look at her, he gasps. 'Oh, my god you're Mockingbird!' He says excited.

Kiara chuckles nervously, not totally understanding his excitement for him. 'Yeah. . . I am.' Kiara says.

'You're the Captain's girlfriend, right?' He asks.

Before Kiara can answer that question, Natasha speaks up. 'Can you just please shot your god damn mouth for one second?' She says annoyed. 'God!' Natasha says as she turns around, not being able to look at him right now.

'Let's go inside.' He says.

Kiara looks at Natasha and then at Bucky. Then they start to walk after the other three, into the house.