22

December 20th, 2014
Leeuwarden
~Flashback chapter~
Part 1

Kiara has been hiding from the Avengers for a few months now. Why? Because Daniel Whitehall said he would hurt anyone she's near if she didn't come with him. So, on the night of August 3rd she packed her bags and left without saying anything to anyone, not even Steve.

She just put a note on the table.

Hey, guys,

This must be very confusing. Waking up and me not being there. Unfortunately I can't say why I'm not here but just believe me when I say that this is for your guys protection and that this is the last thing I wanna do.

I'm sorry and I love you all. Just make sure Clint and Thor know that I'm not in Avengers tower anymore.

Love,

Kiara

Kiara didn't knew if Whitehall would actually do something to them if she'd stay near them so she had to take this seriously. So far she outsmarted Hydra everytime they'd found or get near her. She has already been in, Sokovia, Swedem, Italy, Russia and now in the Netherlands.

Kiara didn't knew how long she had to keep running until she would figure out how to actually defeat Whitehall once amd for all. But when you're trying to get to the head of a terrorist organisation, you can expect to run into much trouble.

She is currently opening the door to her home as she just came back from a walk through the capital of Friesland in the northern part of the Netherlands.

Kiara walks into her house when she hears a light thud. So she grabs her gun and slowly walks towards the sound. When she comes around the corner she sees Coulson sitting on one of the bar chairs in her kitchen.

'What?' He says as he stands up. 'Did you really think I wouldn't find out?' He says as he opens the refrigerator. 'Beer? Sriracha? That's all?' He asks as he grabs the bottle sriracha.

'Well, if you're so worried about my health than maybe dead-drops shouldn't envolve fast food.' Kiara says as she puts her gun away.

'We'll revisit that protocol.' Coulson says as he grabs a bag. 'Got you some groceries.' He says as he opens the bag full of groceries. 'Fingerling patatoes. Organic, kale. And some strawbarries.'

Kiara smiles as Coulson shows every product he bought for her.

'While I cook, you tell me why you aren't at home.' Coulson says as he rolls up his sleeves.

Kiara walks over to Coulson and hops on the counter as she grabs a strawbarry and sighs.

'It's Whitehall.' Kiara says as she stuffs the strawbarry into her mouth.

'Whitehall? What about him?'

'Remember that mission in Switzerland where we were persuing Hydra?'

Coulson nods as he cuts the kale into pieces.

'Well, what I didn't tell anyone is that before I could make it back, I came across Whitehall and his agents. He said that he wanted me to join him. And he also said that he would hurt anyone I was close with. So, I decided to run after two days without saying anything.'

'You could've come to us with this, Kie. We're a family, we protect eachother.'

'I know that, I do. It's just that I'm afraid Hydra is stronger than Shield is right now. No offense.'