Discover The Underground - Pt 2

"A hole?" Elisia questioned, watching Moblit's body creak out of the carriage then snapping each key around the little circle it was hanging around until he found the right key. He put the key in the hole then turned it counter-clockwise, the door just propping unlocked. Moblit opened it wider, allowing the three kids inside first before him. The wooden floorboard creaked, loudly echoing down the hallway that they were present in. "It's quiet. ."

"Yeah." Moblit didn't have a reason to whisper, but he did anyway. "Follow along." He waved while traveling down the hallway then stopping at a door just by the stairs that led to the second floor. He unlocked the door and revealed the hanging ODM gear on each hook, and even just slumped on the wooden table.

"Whoa! There's a lot of gear. . and blades. . and gas supply!" Easton exclaimed, his jittery body struggling to retain itself from the excitement.

"You guys might need multiple cylinders in case you guys will be gassing around." Moblit switched on the light.

Mary—without waiting any longer, grabbed a pair of ODM gear and began clipping it to her straps. "Six blades are enough for us, and maybe two extra canisters." She slipped in the first two cylinders of gas into their holders and stashed the six extra cylinders in a box that they'll set down once they made it inside The Underground. 

Once they were done preparing, they walked back out with Moblit and this time, sat inside the carriage besides Easton, who refused to sit with the two so decided to sit on top of the carriage, searching for Titans as they rode along. They rode farther out from their hometown and more out to another district that somehow kept The Underground near them with a close eye. It concerned Mary. The silence, the chirping, cawing, the brushing of the breeze. It didn't feel normal for her once they got closer to the large hole. Elisia noticed this large hole may be the only light source they had emitted into the ground.

"I'm surprised it's still here. . I thought it would have gotten closed up and the people would be deceased." Easton slid off the hood of the carriage, landing onto the horses.

"Dad would talk about The Underground to me a lot. Telling me it's a dangerous and depressing place. I only wonder. . did he make it more livelier?" Mary's eyes gently softened, staring into the hole that showed nothing else but grass.

"Just prepare for the MP's if they get called." Elisia's foot skidded to the edge of the hole. "Ready, guys?" Her eyes focused on Easton and Mary.

"Yeah. Thanks Moblit." Mary smiled, waving farewell and watched Elisia hop into the hole then Easton. Moblit waved goodbye with a beaming smile, and Mary, with doubt in her pounding headache, jumped into the only entrance. It wasn't that deep, so the three landed elegantly onto a cushion of grass.

Elisia released a soft gasp of astonishment, and Easton's eyes widened. "Whoa. ." Elisia uttered. "Mary, did your Dad ever tell you that the lights are wonderful?"

"What?" Mary saw different colored lights around different places with certain buildings. They are brightly lit blue, yellow, purple, or green. Mary was in shock, she already fell in love with the sights from where they were. The Underground was basically a city full of merchants, starving kids, prostitutes, and many more individuals that were labeled possibly worse than the people from above could imagine. Though, the civilians that never gave up to help the kids or even died for them would never be forgotten. Pricks, they say.

Easton crouched down, surveying the place from his spot. "I could tell that this place is filled with greedy ass people. I can smell it." Easton mimicked the action that Miche would perform: the bridge of his nose wrinkling and the intense sniffs of the nostrils.

"Well let's find our way down in the sneakiest way possible." Elisia lowered her voice the moment she concluded her plan. "Let's go." She instructed, gently hopping down in the smoothest way possible then hitching onto a dilapidated building that managed to stay tall. She reeled herself to the ashy wall, her winch on the bare edge of unclipping. The other two followed behind as they made their way deeper into the livelihood of the city. People began to appear, casually walking around with frowns plastered on their faces. Elisia came to the conclusion that the citizens they were witnessing were scarce, and short. They looked like people who weren't afraid to press a button that summoned the MP's if you were in their territory. Poor kids. . Elisia's watery eyes tracked the shivering kids as they were desperate for food and water, but the greed had to be an ego.