Discover The Underground - Pt 3

"I know. . I encountered him." Mary replied grimly. She bit her lower lip. . this wasn't going to be fun at all. . it seems. "Where's Easton?"

"Somewhere. ." Elisia let out a trembling sigh. "We can't be scared. They are just our fathers!"

"Elisia. Your dad is a Commander. . my dad is a Captain. . and Easton's dad is a motherfricken Titan!" Mary's tone raised by each word, her anxiety looming over them.

"Let's just. . find Easton." Elisia's eyes began to survey the roofs of each building, her eyes scanning the crumbles from head to toe until a loud pop! Went off to their right. "What was that?!" A cloud of vivid and luxurious colors loomed over the city like a nuclear mushroom.

"That's Easton!" Mary leapt off the building then snatched onto another, using her gas to the fullest to have Easton visibly in her sights. She spotted a body shoot up into the air, dusted with the colors of the cloud that accumulated in the air. "Easton!" She shouted, voice echoing.

"Mary!" Easton's winches pinned the buildings that led closer to her then pulled himself in. His feet skidded onto the ledge of a roof. "I almost got tackled by my dad! They got here so quickly!"

"I know!" Mary perched next to him. "Are you okay?"

He blew a mist of dust away from his hair. "I appear okay. So, yeah," he agreed reluctantly. "I'm okay."

*

Levi unlocked the front door of his house, closing it as he walked inside while brushing off the dirt under his shoes on the Welcome mat before slipping them off and dropping them to the side with the other shoes that were jumbled up in one mess besides his. He locked the door, strolling through the hallway, to the kitchen to see Aishi continuing her daily baking. This time, it was cookies. "Smells wonderful darling." He sat his bottom down on the kitchen chair, laying back on the rest in a comfortable position; ankles crossed and his body merely slumped. Levi plopped his phone on the kitchen table, just ready to start a flirty conversation with Aishi, but once he opened his mouth, his phone loudly buzzed.

Aishi placed the tray of baked cookies on the counter. "Who's that, love?" She yanked the oven mitts from her hands and carelessly threw them on the counter next to the steaming tray. Aishi walked over, craving attention from him again. She plopped her bottom down on Levi's lap, wrapping her arms around his neck then laying her head on his shoulder. Aishi sensed Levi's hand rubbing the back of her back, giving her a soothing slather. She watched Levi's other hand lift his phone in the air, using his thumb to scroll to his message.

"From Erwin." He read. His eyes scrolled the message he sent, his expression forming a bit stunned at every sentence. "Shit."

"What?" Aishi raised her head in concern. "Is it Mary?"

"Maybe. . and Elisia. ." he signaled Aishi's body to slide off of his lap just as he rushed to change into his garments. "And Easton!" Levi's voice reiterated itself.

"What?" Aishi opened up his phone, not fazed by the fact she knew Levi's password. She read Erwin's message: I got an alarming call from a merchant that is a resident of The Underground. He told me there are children with ODM gear swinging around without the city's permission, and they are irritated by this situation. You don't think it's our children. .? Mary and Elisia did hint that we will see them soon. . very soon. "Oh dear. ."

*

"I'm not the best person to think that's what happened, but it's a theory." Elisia crouched low. They transferred to another building hidden by the faint piercings of winches and startling gas.

"So, what's the plan? Just get outta here?" Easton raised a brow, his leg bobbing up and down from the anticipation. He didn't know whether or not their parents could easily find them.