Once A Kid's Mission - Pt 3

"Aishi! There you are!" Her father, Grisha, appeared in front of her with a smile. He bent down, offering her a small head rub. "You can't always run off like that. Even with young Levi here, understood?"

"Yeah. . sorry Dad." Aishi wrinkled the edges of her skirt which Grisha prevented her from doing. Her eyes faced the ground, not bothering to meet eyes with her father whom she hasn't seen in so very long, however, her eyes lit up, as if a lightbulb had gone off. "Dad, are we still bringing Levi to eat dinner at our home?"

"Ah. . uh. . of course." His eyes focused on the little boy with grimy black hair. "And we can fix you up as well, young one." He pinched the cheeks of Levi before standing up, noticing Erwin with his bulging eyes but small posterior next to the other two. "Oh," his body jolted, "and who might this one be, Aishi?"

"Oh, that's Erwin." Aishi pointed with a dead aspect.

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Jaeger." Erwin nodded, formally shaking his hand right after. "I've heard of you. . specifically from my dad."

"Interesting. Erwin Smith, I concur? I've heard about your father as well." He chuckled. "Would you like to have some dinner with us as well?"

"I am. . considered as Aishi's friend, so why not? I could ask my father." Erwin smiled, his arms still wrapped around his books.

"Well, it's settled." Grisha pulled out a notecard then wrote their address on the card before giving it to Erwin. From Aishi's view, she seemed nervous. She knew nothing bad would happen around this time, however, she believed this was the day the serum was injected. Aishi sensed it, and she didn't like this pounding churning in her stomach. "If your father approves, you two can just come on by." He said with the nicest smile he could've given. Erwin nodded, approaching Aishi to whisper gently in her ear, which wasn't the brightest idea to do since her father was looming over them.

"Once I get there, the three of us will meet back here. . at this very fountain. Don't forget." He instructed, taking a step back. "See you guys soon!" He waved with an innocent smile, strolling back to the library. Levi and Aishi exchanged glances right after Grisha reached them.

"You two ready to go?" He held out his hand for Aishi to grab it.

Aishi nodded, gripping his index finger tightly. "Ready, Levi?" He bobbed his head. They walked down the pavement, strolling down the open markets on the way home. She released her grip from her father's hand, spotting her house down the curb once they turned the corner. Mom. . Aishi was close to shedding tears. Carla stepped out of her home, carrying a basket full of damp clothes. "Mom!!" She waved, hopping up and down. Even if she was 27 years old, Aishi would still be jumping up and down just to hug her mother once more.

"Hey, sweetie!" Carla smiled. "Did you bring Levi again?"

"Yeah!" Aishi wrapped her fingers around Levi's arm, her eyes connecting with his. "He's here!" She forcefully raised his hand, frantically waving it around. He watched in astonishment, knowing this side of Aishi was never spilled. She dashed up to the front door with Levi, dusting off the bottom of their shoes just before stepping inside.

"You're so ecstatic." Levi mentioned as his arse led itself to an empty chair.

"It's just. . I haven't seen my mother in so long. . before she had died anyway." Aishi hid her miniature grin. "Though, it's not like you've experienced the same." Her smile faded. "We need to get back."

"What's the plan? Since you've thought of the most obvious situation." Levi shifted in his seat, setting his elbow on the armrest.

"I dunno! Maybe we can go back to the Capitol and search for the mechanism that brought us here?" Aishi raised a brow while her frantic movements did all the explaining.

"Well, that's something up your sleeve. We can mention it to Erwin, see what he has in mind—"

"Dr. Jaeger!" A nice, orotund voice that sounded similar to Erwin's when he was much older exclaimed from the outside. Aishi and Levi instantly bounced out of the house, staring at Erwin's exquisite posture striding down the path. "It's a pleasure to see you in person!"

"The same to you Mr. Smith." Grisha shook his hand. "Aishi! Come down and say hi!"

"I'm here!" Aishi dragged Levi along. "Hello!" She waved vibrantly while Levi's eyes were casually directed to Erwin in the most intense, emboldened way.

"You're an adorable one." Erwin's father tinkered with Aishi's red bow for a bit. "I see you've met my son, Erwin as well. I don't remember him making friends by the library."

"Oh. . I guess time changes!" She chuckled, straining to play this as smoothly as she could.

"Mr. Smith, would you like something to drink?" Carla reached out, placing a passionate hand on her daughter's small shoulder.

"Oh, I think something small and strong would be fine."

"Mom," Aishi tugged on her sleeve. "Is it possible the three of us could go and run around?"

"Of course, just don't go too far and be here by dinnertime. Three of you." She patted her back, briefly shoving Aishi a step forward. "Especially Levi since we have to take him back home."

"I know." She bobbed her head back to the outside where Erwin and Levi agreed to follow. They began to sprint, pulling themselves around an empty corner where privacy was an important thing. "Okay. . I had an idea where we can sneak into the Cap—"

"That's dangerous." Erwin contested. "Especially when we're children."

Aishi raised a finger. "Well, we wouldn't know unless we could try. ."

"They check who comes in, and who comes out. So, yeah, it's kinda dangerous." Levi admitted.

"Oh come on Levi. You said you'd consider my decision. Just. . someway. . right?" She flopped her noodle arms to her sides.