A Knight's Homecoming

Heleana POV

The dragon princess had been disappointed her youngest brother hadn't attended the feast for her betrothal announcement the previous night. He had sent a letter beforehand explaining lord Baratheon's refusal but still she had missed him.

Her surprise at seeing a beautiful silver dragon gracing the skies of King's Landing soon washed away her feelings of discontent.

She fought the urge to hurriedly walk in the corridors while the courtiers were still about.

Her mother was still in her solar talking about some state matter with her grandfather while Aemond was in the library, so that is where she headed.

Her brother had taken to reading about northern greensight and its similarities to Valyrian dragon dreaming. Considering their dual heritage as Targaryens and their maternal Blackwood blood, her visions were showing with more frequency than an average seer.

It was a kindness he suggested to share her burdens in explaining their meaning. Keeping the images that plague her mind dormant and unspoken of was its own sort of prison.

Aemond had taken his usual seat next to the window overlooking the Blackwater.

"Hello brother". She glimpsed at the page he'd been reading. Some of her drawings were next to the old tome.

He looked up to reply, slightly confused."Sister. I thought you were flying Dreamfyre. I could swear I heard a Dragon's roar earlier."

She couldn't resist the smile that spread across her face "Indeed you did. Though I wasn't atop my mount."

"Aegon's still recuperating from last night's escapades. If it wasn't Dreamfyre that could only mean ... Daeron's here." Her brother was as just as excited as she was.

"He's probably returning from the Dragon's pit as we speak. I wish to go and meet him on the way. Would you like to join me?" Her question was not one needing an actual answer. She can't leave the castle without a guard and her brother had longed to be reunited with Daeron. They haven't seen one other since his nameday five months ago.

"Of course. I shall inform mother. She wished to preside over the Warrior day feast later tonight. Perhaps she'll delay a little and prepare our brother a warm welcome." Aemond had locked the book after marking his progress and swiftly but neatly stacked her drawings.

"What of Aegon?" She felt he would rejoice in Daeron's return. If he's still passed out, she doubts her ability to wake him on her own. Aemond had perfected the art of keeping their brother in line, if sparingly.

Her brother's expression changed somewhat. "Send Arryk with a bucket of water. Ask him to douse him by royal order. If Aegon tries to do anything, I'll take responsibility." He left in a hurry.

That's a bit drastic. Surely it won't come to that.

**

She underestimated her brother's love for sleeping it seems.

In the past 15 minutes she tried to wake him by shouting. It hurt her to shout. Her brother seemed peaceful for the first time in ages and she felt guilty at disturbing his rest. But she did it anyway, because she knew he'd appreciate reuniting with their littlest brother.

Then she tried to tickle him. It worked on Ser Criston once. So even grown men weren't immune. Aegon swatted her hand then returned to sleep. He snored in fact, as if to disregard her entire attempt as pitiful and feeble.

Ser Arryk stood to the side, silently bemused with his bucket of cold ice water in hand. It seemed he was an accomplice in Aemond's numerous attempts and thought her brother's demand was acceptable.