Captivity

Aegon POV

"Again."

The sound of another lashing reverberated across the room, followed by the grunting noise of the dragon prince.

No. It wasn't fun consenting foreplay.

Aegon liked a little bondage as much as anyone.

But this was actual ridiculously painful torture.

Why in the name of the seven is he here, you might wonder.

Well those are his thoughts exactly.

"I'm not an expert on sharp questioning. But I'm pretty sure you need to start asking you know, the questions. Otherwise you can't get any answers."

His logical response was ignored by the big burly brute holding the whip. He wasn't particularly impressive. Black hair, dark eyes. A crooked nose and an obscenely foul odor.

Do the thugs of King's Landing have no concept of hygiene?

Look at his holding cell for example.

Stains of dried blood, shit and a few teeth and body parts thrown about.

It almost seemed too fabricated.

Even the man's strikes were incoordinated and hazardous.

Honestly.

He's seen Aemond in action. Loath as he's to admit it, his younger brother is a methodical artist.

This is a poor substitute. Though that's to his favor he guessed.

He's getting ahead of himself. He should mention how he first got into this godsforsaken mess in the first place.

Five days ago, he was sneaking back into the Red Keep before dawn. He's a gentleman and would never kiss and tell, so you can forget about his doings and with whom.

But it was truly memorable.

Not the time Aegon.

Anyhow, as he was trying not to fumble in the dark secret passages, he happened to hear a little juicy tidbit.

If Aemond really didn't want anyone listening to his secret planning, he shouldn't have opened his giant mouth, fully aware people could be eavesdropping.

So really it's his fault he's here now.

"My uncle Gwayne and I have raided three possible hideouts in pursuit of the white worm today. We found nothing."

The frustration oozed from his tone across the walls. Why he was so preoccupied with finding some insect proved to be his next question.

A wedding present for Heleana maybe. How riveting.

Aegon himself planned to gift her a bottle of vintage arbor gold. It was sold for a hefty price but the future king knew he had to make sacrifices to be Hel's new favorite brother.

And now it seemed he didn't have to work so hard after all. Aemond hasn't procured any gift and will be forced to make due with some bland book to save face.

"She is a formidable spymaster my prince. We mustn't lose hope. Sooner or later she'll fall into our web. I am sure of it." The soft and not so secretly revolting voice of Larys Strong replied to his brother.

So not an actual worm.

He's drunk alright. Give him some slack.

"It almost seems as if she knows when our agents are coming. Do you think it's possible that she has a double agent here?"