Brothers

A/N Hope you're enjoying the story so far. Please vote and comment. I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

**

Cregan POV

The northman had little sleep the night before. The feast had carried on to well after midnight and the sounds of drunken revelry and jubilation permeated the wall of his rooms.

To make matters worst, Ragnar's time in captivity had made him restless. His anxiety and temper traveled across their bond. He'll have to take him to the Kingswood later today or on the morrow. If he keeps the apex predator trapped any longer, he'll be forced to warg him day and night to prevent any unwanted bloodshed.

One thing that wasn't a complete disaster was the dances he shared with the princess Heleana.

He was no southern gentleman, concerned with intricate ball dances and chivalrous gestures, but he acclimated to his surroundings accordingly.

Ned had received word from his household guards about an organized ball at the Keep for the Warrior's feast. Why such matters must be relayed to him was his first inquiry.

That his intended had dressed in a breathtaking golden dress, yet refused
demands from all who asked the honor of dancing with her bar her younger brothers and briefly, was a most pleasing answer.

It's a bit cliché but wolves are territorial beasts. The wedding was in nearly two months so he couldn't spend all his time with his future bride without raising quite a few eyebrows.

But this was an apt occasion to try his hand at courtship. He was an actually brilliant dancer. His father Rickon had hopes of arranging marriages between his children and key houses outside the North, to finally plunge the Starks into the fold. Learning matters of court and propriety was paramount.

Bennard sneered at his southern ambitions and unfortunately quite a few shared this sentiment, else his coup wouldn't have been possible.

His uncle's good-family the Karstarks were his loudest supporters. The second he cleaned Bennard's treasonous blood off Ice, he sent his good-brother Lord Harrion of Karhold to the Watch.

Harrion's only heir is his daughter Alys. Not wanting to take her home as her father and uncle tried to do to him, he arranged a marriage between her and his youngest cousin Benjen. The two are both of similar age and following the wedding their children will take the Karstark name.

He isn't a merciless butcher but decisiveness is necessary for survival.

A royal match would've been father's masterpiece. It's a shame he died before he saw his dream come into fruition.

Bennard questioned the worthiness of both son and father to rule. Mayhaps he was right.
I

s one actually worthy of the Stark seat if a bloody cold takes him overnight. Rickon Stark was a weak mean with too grand ambitions. Cregan has no desire to emulate his example.

But he'll make use of the southern wisdom he imparted. He'll charm both his betrothed and her family. He'll gather information to prevent a bloody succession that will probably rely on fire breathing monstrosities. He'll play the game of thrones.

***

Evidently his first taste of the southern games came sooner than expected.

Prince Aegon had asked to meet.

He didn't think he'd be up this early if he's honest. Cregan himself had partaken in a few glasses at the feast. The King's firstborn son was rumored to possess a great fondness for drinking unrivaled in King's Landing. So surely he must suffer from a debilitating hangover.