Icarus

Chapter Text

Helaena POV

"Are they decent?" Her younger brother's voice traveled across the corridor.

"For heaven's sake Aegon! What have you been telling him?" She looked intermittently cross at her elder sibling who couldn't stop his bumbling laughter.

"I'm sorry. I just warned him to stay put if he doesn't want to be scarred for life - again that is - but this time with an inescapable mental image."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cregan beseeching the Gods for patience.

For all the good that'll do. They allowed Aegon's conception so they have a particular sense of humor.

"They're haven't finished dressing up. Don't move an inch little brother." Aegon snickered under his breath, barely getting through his warning.

She pushed him lightly this time. It's getting out of hand.
"Don't listen to him Aemond. Come in if you'd like."

"Buzzkill." Aegon pouted and started sulking in the corner. Honestly. Does she deal with children all day long?

Aemond finally strolled in. He wasn't near imploding like earlier. But his movements didn't really translate into peace of mind and tranquility. Her news will do nothing but sour his foul mood.

"Cregan didn't take Daemon from his cell. It must've been someone else. Or, he managed to escape on his own." She sped thorough her admission in a single breath. In part to not delay his hunt more than necessary. And to never spend an additional moment thinking of that bleak statement.

Daemon on the loose.

Aemond clenched his sword arm in exasperation. "Of course. How could this disastrous day not get any worse?"

Then the strangest of things happen. Aegon patted him on the back in a supporting manner. And his hand wasn't slapped away for his efforts.

Right about now is when her eldest brother cracked a joke - mainly a bawdy one - to defuse the tension or deflect the seriousness. She'll file away that interaction for later. Too many things on her mind.

"Can you and the Clubfoot find him?" Cregan's own expression turned to stone. He was not giving in to his cold fury she knew.

"Perhaps. I would've preferred if our guards weren't so ineffectual or easily bribed to begin with. I ... "

Helaena started convlusing. Aemond stopped talking having noticed her state.

"Quick. Lie her down. She's having a vision."

Her wolf eased her to the ground. Her brothers were also worrying but hid it better. They've seen her in this phase dozens of times. Cregan's not as experienced. She heard his words become farther and farther away.

**

As the dragon princess closed her eyes, images began to form. Fleeting glimpses of the future dancing before her mind's eye like ethereal specters. The visions came to her in fragments, like pieces of a puzzle waiting to be assembled.

In the depths of her trance, Helaena saw herself standing in the heart of King's Landing, the ancient Dragon Pit towering above her. Its crumbling walls whispered stories of past glory and forgotten tragedies.

But something was amiss, for the draconian dwelling was not empty.

Two figures emerged from the shadows, familiar faces shrouded in darkness.

With each passing moment, the vision grew clearer, the riddles of the future unraveling before her.

They were a man and woman. Both with valyrian features. She recognized her uncle. And standing beside him was none other than Mysaria, who must've engineered his escape. She could almost swear the white worm looked in her direction . But that's impossible.