Chapter 28: Limit (Endless)

Recap:

"Good," he said, "because I can't wait to start cutting into that cheek."

Your eyes widened and you darted out of your chair, backing away from him. The wet towel fell onto the floor, making the wood crinkle.

He jumped towards you and wrapped his arms around you completely. He almost cut off your circulation as he grabbed your face and made you look up at him.

The clock struck midnight.

"I love you so... so much..." he started, "but I need you to go to sleep now."

You felt a sharp pain in your side.

-+-

You gaped at Jeff.

His face was now just how it was on that first night, smile ear to ear, and eyes wide open. His soulless persona penetrated through your weak and deceived barrier, making you break under the pressure and shock.

The pain you felt wasn't only in your side; it was in your heart too. No matter how many times you tried to fool yourself into believing everything was okay, in the back if your mind, you knew this was a possibility. There was a good chance that this would happen.

And, you were ready to fight for your life.

Jeff's grip became less firm as he saw your face, so with adrenaline pumping through your veins, you pushed him away. He was shocked at your rebellion, but he wasn't ready to give up just yet. He reached out as you started to move backwards, but he couldn't grab you.

As you ran down the hallway, the pain got less intense. In fact, it almost disappeared. All you cared about at this point was surviving. Nothing was going to stop you from escaping.

You found the front door and slammed yourself against it, trying to turn the handle. You twisted it both ways, but it wouldn't move.

"Oh, (y/n)..." Jeff called out, "Let's not play games now..."

You heard his slow footsteps echo through the house. Every step scared you more and more, and your heart was beating louder than ever. If the sound of you trying to open the door wouldn't give you away, the pounding in your chest would.

You realized that the door was firmly locked and nailed in place.

You darted to your right and bolted up the stairs, skipping steps. You depended on your subconscious effort to memorize your house, as it was almost pitch black there. It was dark throughout the entire house actually, as the only light that had been turned on was in the kitchen.

You trusted your instincts on where to go and turned the corner into the hallway. Feeling your way to your room, you noticed that the door was closed, and it would surely make noise as you opened it. You silently cursed and backed away from the door, but quickly leaped back on it when Jeff called out again.

"Come here, (y/n)... There's no point in running." His words echoed up the stairs and through the hallway, alerting you that he was close.

You pushed your way into your room and locked your door behind you. While trying to think of a plan, a cold hand grabbed your shoulder from behind, and another was placed over your mouth.

You gave out a muffled scream, confused of who it could be.

"Just sit tight. He'll be up here soon," a male voice spoke into your ear.

You had no clue of who it was, until you realized that he was wearing a lab coat. Your eyes widened and you started to try to get away and out of his grasp. This was the taxi driver, the one that visited you that one night. He was on Jeff's side now?