Two🦋

Here's another update....

"......and remember the child of whom you are. You are not as rich as the students that you will mix up with over there so don't get yourself involved in any drama whatsoever okay?"

"Okay sir" I replied, happy that the sermon was over. Today was Sunday so after church, dad was going to drive me to Aunty Empress and Uncle Kelvin's house in Ikoyi. The thought alone did not make me concentrate when the pastor was preaching but thank God my daddy didn't ask for outline of his service. He always did that.

Now with my luggage in the car, I was more than ready to see my favourite family. Dad decided to give me a lecture fight from home up till Ikoyi. Unfortunately, the words were dancing into one ear and flying out of another.

"We are here!" Henry shouted. I glared at him for shouting so close to my ear but he didn't even look at me. Instead he was busy gazing out of the window admiring the beautiful estate around us. We stopped in front of a magnificent black and gold gate and dad alerted the gateman with the horn.

Almost immediately, the gate was opened and the car glided into the compound with ease. My eyes bulged when I saw how the compound was. Don't blame me, the last time I came where was when I was seven. I've not been here since.

"Omo..." I whispered. There was a huge fountain in the compound and beautiful but costly sculptures. A swimming pool was at the far end while all manner of gardens were there. Coconut trees spiced up its beauty, making it look like some sort of five class resort. And the cream mansion was just incredible!

"So this is where Yolanda will stay for a year? Na waoo" Henry muttered beside me.

"Evidence! Emem! Welcome to our humble abode!" Aunt Empress's shouted as she came out. I and Henry got down from the car and watched our parents and Aunt Empress hug themselves. She still looked so young and beautiful even after having twins.

"Empress how are you?" My dad asked quietly but with a smile.

"I'm good Dee and you?"

"I'm doing okay as you can see"

"How are you Empie? See the way you look fresh" Mum complimented.

"I'm fine oo! And I'm not even as fresh as you are na." She replied. Her eyes darted to me and Henry and she grinned.

"Lennie! The only boss lady in the house! Look how big you've grown. I still remember when you wore pampass" she said and hugged me.

"Aunty me ko? Abi am I invisible?" Henry grumbled under his breath. She laughed and hugged him too.

"You know I'll always remember you. How are you all? I'm so glad you came. Come inside, food is ready"

You know that sentence "food is ready" is one sentence I always liked to hear.

"What about Kelvin and the kids?" Dad asked.

"Oh they are fine. They went out to get some things for their resumption but they'll soon be back though. Please sit down" she said and hurried to the kitchen.

"Na waoo, see what money can do" my mum said in awe as she looked around the house.

"So what would you like to eat? I have Amala and Ewedu, pounded yam and egusi, jollof rice and chicken and pomo."

I licked my lips in delight.

So many delicious options.

"I'll take rice. Since I'll be driving back I don't want to feel heavy" my dad said.

"Bring the Amala and Ewedu" my mum said. Even though she's igbo, she had cravings for Yoruba food.

"I want rice and plenty chicken" Henry said loudly. Dad shot him a glare and he instantly behaved himself.

"I mean, I would like to have rice ma" he said again. Aunt Empress laughed and shook her head.

"Dee leave him alone now. He's in his family's house" she laughed.

"That doesn't mean he should not behave himself" dad replied.

"I would like to have pounded yam and egusi ma" I said, already drooling from the scent coming from the kitchen.

"Okay, I'll get the food ready in no time" Aunt Empress said. Mum followed her to the kitchen while I and Henry operated our phones. Normally I would have gone to help but Aunt Empress never allowed me. She doesn't like below eighteen year olds in her kitchen after we heard the story of Lawrence and Vira almost burning up the house because they wanted to cook spaghetti.

Omo...I laugh.

"No no no! There is no way I'm not going to wear that shoe tomorrow! Daddy see Law now oo, he's looking for trouble!"

"Mama rest! I'm wearing the shoe not you. Is it my fault there's only one exclusive type?"

My heart jumped at the sound of my cousins arguing. Though they loved each other, they always fought like Tom and Jerry.

"Uncle Kelvin!!" Henry and I shouted as we went to go hug our uncle. He grinned when we jumped on him. Trust him, he didn't even buckle under our weight.

That is what muscles do for you.

"Oh my Goshhh!!! Yolanda! Henry!" Vira screamed as she hugged both of us but especially me.

"How are you pumpkins? Y'all look all grown up now" Uncle Kelvin said. I blushed when he ruffled my hair. Don't blame me for blushing, he was still so hot!

"We are good sir. How are you sir?" We greeted him back.

"I'm good...I'm good. Where are your parents?" He asked. We led him to the kitchen and he exchanged pleasantries with mum and dad. I and the twins were gisting with gusto.

"I can't believe you are coming to our school Lennie!0 I wish aunt and uncle will allow Henry too" Lawrence said.

"Mtcheeew..it's good as he was not allowed. This boy like frustrating me" I hissed and rolled my eyes.

"That's a lie! Yolanda why do you like lying? I've always been on my own. You were the one that came into my room yesterday to ask for my boxers so you can do mosquito repellent for practical because you were bored"

"Shit" Lawrence mumbled as they burst into laughter. I glared at Henry for the stupid lies he was spewing.

"That's a lie! He asked for my tights and said I should rock panties! What the hell?!" I retorted.

"Omo..I missed you guys and your fights. Lennie, with this mouth of yours you will enter the drama web in OA" Vira said.

"Drama? Is the school interesting?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lawrence and Vira looked at each ither with a secret smile and turned to face me.

"You'll find out on your own don't worry"

Yeahhh, that's chapter two.

How did it go guys?

What do you think of Lawrence and Vira? And Aunty Empress and Uncle Kelvin? We all have that one relative we like to visit because of benefits, don't we?😗😂

Oh and please where did Henry come from?😂🙂

I can barely wait for Yolanda to enter OA..find out what happens in the next chapter!

Please vote, comment and share to your friends abeg!✨🥺