Eight 💥

Let's get to a hundred reads abeggg😩

Yolanda...

The next day, I didn't see Lilac in school which was surprising. Lilac was an early bird. Babe always comes earlier, sometimes even as early as five am in the morning.

I hope she's alright though.

I dropped my bag and went to the corridor and rested myself on the pillar. The school was even more beautiful in the morning, with the early sun casting a golden glow on the building. There was no noise and I could hear the birds flapping their wings and calling to each other. I closed my eyes and sighed, allowing nature to calm me down.

"Don't you have a house? How can you come early by this time?" A deep voice rumbled in my ear. I turned around to glare at the owner and blinked.

It was a guy.

A very hot guy.

What is with this school and hot boys biko?

He was tall with curly short hair. He was  chocolate in complexion and his eyes were light brown. He was way taller than me and was seriously radiating hotness.

"Hi to you too?" I replied, looking confused. He smiled and walked closer to me.

"Hi! My name is Tayo. I saw you earlier the week with Lilac. What's your name beautiful lady?" He asked with a smile.

"Yolanda. My name is Yolanda Kingsley. Nice to meet you" I replied and shook his hand. His palms were soft and very comfortable, it made me want to squash it.

"Nice to meet you too. It's not everyday we see a babe fight with the Almighty Daniels. You must be a tough one" he said dryly. At the mention of Daniels name, I hissed scornfully.

"That one, I don't even have his time sef.  When I do, he will be begging me. Maybe he thinks I'm like all those girls that fall at his feet" I said.

"Can we be friends?" He blurted out. I smiled at him and nodded.

"But of course. Tayo...?"

"Tayo Imran."

"Tayo Imran" I grinned and shook his hand again. He too fell beside me and began to admire the beauty of nature.

"Be careful though, it's not like Daniels to give up a fight or keep silent. He's planning something" he murmured.

"I know. Whatever he brings forth, I'll double it. He might take me unaware but I'll make him regret ever doing so" I replied.

"Oh alright. Lilac isn't in school today?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope. She's not in school and I'm worried. I'll call her though" I said, bringing out my phone.

"Babeeeeeeee!"

I sighed in relief when I heard her chirpy voice. She was grinning widely as she ran towards me. I opened my arms for a hug and nearly got smothered by her.

"What happened? Why are you late?" I asked, frowning a bit.

"There was hold up but it's fine now. I didn't even know-"

Her voice trailed off when she saw Tayo there. Her eyes widened as they looked from me to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Good morning OluTayo" she greeted calmly, ignoring me. He didn't smile and all the traces of friendliness I saw at first were gone.

What's going on?

"Hello Lilac" he greeted back and left immediately. I wanted to call him back but I decided to ask Lilac first.

"What was that all about?" I asked curiously.

"You didn't tell me you and him are friends" she shot back.

"Is it bad? You guys like each other or..?"

"Like ke? My heart belongs to another. I'm just surprised he was with you. Tayo is a loner and a cold one at that. He has never been seen with girls. He's a snob sometimes"

Ah.

"The same boy that just left? He was very nice, smiling and laughing. He even shook my hand and asked us to be friends sef" I replied with surprise. She raised one eyebrow

"That's weird. He has never done that. Be careful sha, I don't trust a lot of people in this school" she sighed. When her attention was drawn away from me, my phone vibrated and I saw a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Do you mind coming to the visual art lab with me? I wanna show you something.

Me: who's this?🤨

Unknown number: Tayo

Tayo!

How did he get my number?

Me: How did you get my number?

Tayo: I'll tell you when you come.

Me: Alright.

He read my message but didn't reply. I smiled at the new addition to my WhatsApp contact.

"Babe please borrow me your maths note" Lilac asked.

"You didn't do you assignment abi?" I said, smiling.

"Before nko?"she replied and we laughed as we walked to class. Timi was leaning against the wall with his honey brown eyes on me.

h.

I stared at him back, hoping to convey the message that I was not scared of him or his stupid friends. A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips before he walked away.

"I don't know why this Timi has been staring at me since" I said to Lilac. Her head shot up and a flush appeared on her cheeks.

"Really? He has been staring at you?" She asked sheepishly. I noticed the red tinge on her lush light brown cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?" I asked, looking at her suspiciously. She looked away from me and focused her attention on her nails.

"Nothing. I'm-I'm not blushing" she stammered.

"Liar. Tell me na"

"No"

"Please?"

"I can't"

"Lilac nauuu"

"Nooo"

"Lilaccccc"

She raised her hands in surrender and sighed.

"Fine fine! I like him a lot"

Ahhhhhhh!!

"You like him?!"

Omo😂 I refuse to comment.

What do you guys think of Tayo?

Please vote, comment and share.