Twelve 💅

Heyy!!

I'm really sorry for not updating for a long time. I was really busy with exams and everything. I'm being choked honestly 😩🤲🏼

Okay..let me know not talk too much alright?

Yolanda.

I took the M and M's and clutched them to my chest with a small smile on my face. I was still very cautious around Daniels but it wouldn't help to waste such an expensive gift right?

I didn't know when I bumped into someone and nearly fell if not for the hand curled around my waist. I looked up and smiled widely.

Tayo.

Boy was fine as ever. His hair had been styled to a very nice hairstyle. It looked so very good on him.

"H-Hi!" I greeted nervously.

"Hey Yolanda how are you?" He greeted back with a smile.

"I'm fine and you?"

"Well now that I've seen your beautiful face, I'm perfectly okay" he replied and smirked. That sentence turned me into a blushing mess which made me thank God inwardly for giving me brown skin.

"Stop joor, be whining me this early morning" I managed to reply and hit his arm. He laughed and held my wrist.

"I'm not lying Sha. You look dashing this morning Yolanda" he said solemnly. I bit my lip and looked away. When I turned to look at him, his eyes were staring at my gift.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Oh, M and M chocolates" I replied and grinned slightly. He tilted his head and inspected it again.

"These must be really expensive. Where did you buy them from?" He asked.

"Buy ke? I didn't buy them oo, Daniels gave them to me"

Immediately I said that, I wished I could take the words back because the way his face transformed into a dark scowl was really alarming. He gripped my arm and jerked me to himself.

"What did you say?" He asked quietly.

"I said..it was Daniels that gave me" I whispered softly. I could see the boiling anger in his eyes. For a split second, I thought he was going to hit me.

"And why did he give you this?"

"Well...he came and said he was sorry and that he didn't want us to fight anymore. He was really sincere with it. And I understood. He called for truce and gave me this" I explained. He let go of me and chuckled humourlessly.

"And you believed him?" He asked, pinning me to where I was with a cold glare.

"He was sincere Tayo. He really meant what he said and-"

"And you fucking swallowed all of his damn lies?! Are you lying or are you just plain dumb?"

I flinched and glared at him.

"Sorry oo, but I hope it's not me you are calling dumb because I will just deck you" I said, anger seeping into my voice.

"Oh yeah, dumb Yolanda. Because Daniels apologized and gave you fucked up chocolates doesn't mean he wants peace. He's planning something, don't you get that?!" He yelled.

"Don't yell at me!" I shouted back. Every word he said hurt me like fire and I was really pissed at him. Why would he insult me like this all because of mere chocolate and peace making?

"He's not planning anything! He apologized to me. You of all people know that he never apologizes-"

"And now that he did, you think he's sincere. That's some dumb shit Yolanda" he shot back. I just glared at him but I said nothing, it felt like every energy was drained from my body.

So I just walked away.

"Yolanda!" He shouted but I didn't listen. He tried to hold my hand but I jerked it away from him.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted angrily. He backed off and I saw his expression soften but I didn't care.

"Look I didn't mean-"

"Don't talk to me!" I shouted at him and walked away from him. The little tears that flowed out of my eyes made my vision blurry. I cleaned my eyes and tried to steady my movements.

I saw Daniels at the corridor with his friends, he was laughing and talking with them. He was wearing his customized jacket with his name written on the collar. His teeth glowed as he laughed.

I knew walking in between them would draw attention and I didn't want that. But then, Daniels was dating the most sexiest girl I'm Ss3, we weren't even that close anyway. So I ventured to move.

"Yolanda?" I heard him call. I pretended not to listen but I felt his hand grab my wrist and spin me around.

"Hi!" I greeted, pasting on a fake smile. He smiled too but his cyan eyes were searching my face like he was looking for something.

"Are you okay?"  He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm fine. Please uh...let go of my hand" I replied quietly, trying to pry his hand off my wrist but he wasn't budging.

"You sure? You look pale"

"I'm dark skinned bro, I can't look pale" I replied dryly. Slowly he let go of my wrist.

"Hi guys. Have a nice day" I greeted all of them and walked away. I went to the garden to go sit down and relax but the hurtful words Tayo said to me were still ringing in my ears.

How could he do this to me?

I sighed and relaxed and tried to stop thinking all together. The shuffling of feet made me open my eyes to see a tall junior boy staring at me. I blinked at him and sat up.

"Any issue?" I asked.

"Uh..yes ma'am, there is an issue" he replied.

"What is it?"

He looked uneasy and kept shifting from one foot to another.

"What na?!" I shouted.

"Senior Tayo and Senior Daniels are fighting!"

"What?! Why are they fighting?"

"Uh...I think it because of you"

Hmmm..do you guys think Tayo was right to have behaved that way?

Do you think Daniels is sincere with the friendship?

Lastly, why do you think Tayo and Daniels are fighting?

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share! 🥺