54

[ IRL ]

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

"can we go back now?" Chris groans as Danelly searches through the thriller section of the bookstore.

"just a little longer? please?"

Chris sighs, wandering around the building as Danelly continues searching for a book.

he knew what he wanted to tell her, he just didn't know how he was going to tell her. he was obviously nervous, but he knew he had to get it off his chest.

"how about now?" he asks as he joins her side.

"fine," she sighs, returning the book in her hand to the shelf it came from.

the two exit the store, Chris walking towards Danelly's car as she follows behind.

"you're such a party pooper," Danelly mumbles as she gets into the drivers seat.

"you just wanted to look at paper!"

"shut up."

Danelly starts the car, turning up the radio to drown out Chris's objections of them having to listen to Taylor Swift.

the drive back to her house is short, Chris practically jumping out of the car and hurrying inside as Danelly follows behind him.

she calls upstairs for Angela, getting no response and coming to the conclusion she was still out with Matt and Nic, whom had asked if they could spend the day with her once finding out she was just going to tag along with Chris and Danelly.

"meet you in your room," Chris says as he heads towards the kitchen.

Danelly sits on her bed, turning on the tv and looking for something to watch. Chris enters a few minutes later, taking the remote from her hand and turning off the tv.

"what the heck-"

"we need to talk."

"oh no," she sighs. "is this about the pizza yesterday? i didnt know you called dibs on the last slice."

"no. wait, you ate the last slice?"

"i didn't know you called dibs!"

"that's not what i was talking about," he mumbles, shifting his body to face her entirely. "this is serious. and scary. seriously scary."

"is this about Avery?"

"kinda?"

"well, i think she's great. if you're worried about integrating her into our group, don't be. everyone loves her."

"its not that. i'm more worried about my relationship with her."

"why?"

"because i like someone else."

"Chris i swear-"

"it's you."

"what?"

"i like you."

Danelly stares at Chris, mouth hung open and eyes wider than fly guys. before she can even try to come up with an answer, the doorbell rings.

"i should get that," she says, standing up and walking out the room quickly.

Chris watches her leave, a million things running through his mind as he plays the last couple of minutes in his head again and again.

he figured there was a chance Danelly would tell Avery, resulting in him losing her which he was sure he could handle.
Danelly, on the other hand, he wasn't sure about.