Alternate Chapter: Meeting Vlade

Plot twist: Here's what could've happened if Jamal's baby wasn't in a breech position, so I decided I'd come up with the idea of the Alternate chapter instead. Just a PSA: this is going to be a detailed live birth scene on this part.

Sombor, Serbia
10:30am,

One morning, Jamal and Nikola were in the living room watching TV since they were finished eating breakfast and prepared the hospital bags with Jamal and the baby's clothes inside. Branislav Jokic comes in to spend the night at their house. Branislav brings the groceries from the store as he calls Nikola to help out and Jamal to have a snack.

Branislav Jokic: The snack is ready, go eat Jamal.

Jamal Murray: I'm coming Pa.

When he was about to get up from the couch, a split seconds later, he felt a sharp pain on his stomach. "Pa? Pa? My stomach hurts," Jamal calls to Branislav. "Why? What happened?" "Papa, the baby is coming," He said.

Branislav Jokic: Nikola, uzmi torbe i pali auto. (Nikola, get the bags and start the car.)

Nikola Jokic: Ok Tata.

Branislav goes behind Jamal to soothe the pain on his belly.

Branislav Jokic: It's okay son, just breathe, just breathe.

Jamal holds on to the edge of the couch moaning realizing that the baby was coming out anytime soon. "It's okay Jamal, it's okay. It will pass," Branislav said rubbing him on the back and the belly to get Jamal to relax. Then another pain came in and noticed the gush of liquid through his legs. "That's so gross!"

Nikola Jokic: Tata, šta se desilo? (Dad, what happened?)

Branislav Jokic: Jamalova voda je upravo pukla. Hajde da ga odvedemo u bolnicu. (Jamal's water just broke. Let's take him to the hospital.)

*Took place at the hospital in Sombor*

"I'm scared babe," Jamal was starting to shake uncontrollably as Nikola tells him that he will never leave him. "Jamal, don't worry I'm here, I'll never leave you. I'm sure our baby is going to come out healthy and I'll do what I can to make sure you and our baby are safe," "I know you'd say that," He smiled. "It's just that I don't want to be alone," "You'll never be alone, I'll always be here," He said comforting him on his black curly hair. "AARRRGGHH! Nikola! AAARRRRGHHHHH!" Jamal lets out his scream knowing that he's going to have a baby. "It's okay, it's okay," He whispers rubbing his wrist and planting a kiss on his forehead to get him to relax. "I know it hurts my love, we'll get through this together," When the doctors arrived in the room, the lady went sat down to assist him with the baby. "Jamal, it's time for you to start pushing," Moments later, he starts pushing.

The hospital room was surrounded by the team of doctors while Jamal was on the bed with the sheet of blanket on top of his belly and on the edge of the blanket was covering his legs while the nurses are checking the progress of his labor. All he did was scream and hold Nikola's hand tight. Nikola sat on the chair wearing the sterilized gown and face mask guiding Jamal when it comes to bringing their little bundle to the world. Jamal spent the majority pushing as hard as he could screaming in pain and then panting to take breaks between contractions.

"You can do this my love," Nikola said holding him on the hand. "I know it hurts," The nurse who was assisting Jamal with the baby commanded. "Push! Jamal! Push!" "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Jamal screams in pain. The doctor on the side placed both of his hand on Jamal's belly to get the baby to come out. "Come on Jamal, use your strength," He bores down with his gritted teeth.