Chapter Ten: Vlade sees his mom at school

Vlade 2 months old

Kitchener, Ontario
10:00am,

Jamal was in math class when the teacher calls up to him. "Jamal, there's someone who wants to see you," Mrs. Green said. "Oh who is it Mrs. Green?" Sylvia his mother brought baby Vlade to the school to see his mom. His classmates were cheering as they saw the 2 month old baby being held by Sylvia. "Mom, what are you doing here?" "I came here to bring baby Vlade at school," She smiled. Since Mrs. Green is also an aunt and a mother herself, she knew what it was like to be in Jamal's shoes when she found out that he got pregnant. She decided to let him rest right after the baby was born.

Mrs. Green held the baby in her arms. "So adorable, he looks so much like his father," "I bet he does Mrs. Green," Jamal said. Somehow, Vlade didn't seem to be fussy due to the fact that he was well liked by his mother's classmates. Even at lunch time, Jamal brings baby Vlade with him to the bathroom to do the bottle feeding even though the milk hasn't come out yet. "Mom, how did you bring baby Vlade?" "Well you know Jamal, he was looking for you," Sylvia smiled. "Awwwww look at my Vlady Poo," Jamal holds the 2 month old baby boy in his arms. "You want to see mommy at school huh?" Even the teachers were so excited to see the baby at school.

Since Nikola had to go back to Sombor, Jamal was still able to go to school and take care of the baby at the same time. He knew that he made the right decision to keep the baby since he didn't want to give it up for adoption. Yet, he will always be a mother to his child. Somehow, his dad's side of the family were not very happy with what Jamal did. Of course! He didn't know any better when he became a young mother at 15 and then had a baby at 16. "Mom, how did you get in there?" "Apparently, Vlade wanted to see you," "Oh I see, you want to watch Mommy study huh?" Vlade lets out a giggle. "I know, but don't worry, mommy will always be there," Yet, the principal that was in the office was there with him and she was smiling when the baby was there. Although, Mrs. Jones had told Jamal not to worry because she will look after the baby even though she is an aunt herself.

After school,

He heads home to be with his family. Although, Jamal was deciding if he could go back to Sombor or stay in Kitchener for the sake of Vlade. Yet, he will have to wait and see before Nikola comes in to pick him up from the Murray residence in Kitchener. The best month Jamal would go back to Sombor was when he has a break from school, so he resides in Sombor occasionally during his school break and then when school starts, he goes back to Kitchener. He knew for a fact that Vlade would be growing up in his mother's hometown in Kitchener, Ontario. Since he was doing homework, Vlade was taking a nap before being taken out for the family outing. On these occasions, Nikola comes to see Jamal and his 2 month old son Vlade.

However, Vlade tends to be very fussy when it comes to busy schedules and it may have been a challenge to Jamal because he was still young, but managed to keep everything going. Jamal was explaining to one of the teen moms about why it can be very stressful for mothers to go through the process of caring for a baby. Yet, if it was too much for Jamal to handle, Sylvia would make sure he and the baby were doing well. "I know my love," Nikola said hugging Jamal.

Jamal Murray: sometimes they get annoyed with our little Vlade crying.

Nikola Jokic: oh my! They don't understand that being a mother can be difficult, but don't worry, I'll make sure you and Vlade were doing great.

Jamal Murray: thanks hon.

Nikola Jokic: anytime.