Chapter seven: taking care of Jamal Murray

Jamal Murray ~ 5 months pregnant
March 2013
Sombor, Serbia
8:00am,

Nikola wakes up to see his pregnant girlfriend sleeping next to him. Jamal was dressed up in a satin nightgown. They slept together in their room. Although, he felt the warmth from Nikola's whole body. In fact, he was refusing to leave his side. "Oh Jamal, you're always in for my heart," He whispered. "I know babe, but you're the baby's father you know that," It felt like yesterday when they started dating in 2011 and they started going on a trip together like Cabo San Lucas, Philippines and other destinations. Plus, going to Bruno Mars concert and Coldplay. 4 or more months later, Jamal becomes pregnant at 15.

Somehow, their house was still under renovation and yet, Jamal is still has to go back to Canada for the sake of the pregnancy and baby. He knows that he would want to go back to his family in Kitchener since it would be very challenging for Jamal to give birth at his boyfriend's hometown in Sombor. Jamal tells him that his little brother Lamar misses him and wants him to come back home.

Jamal Murray: Babe since our house in Sombor is not yet renovated, I really wanted to go back to Kitchener. My little brother needs me.

Nikola Jokic: no problem.

Jamal Murray: It's just that I don't want to get in trouble with my parents.

Nikola Jokic: okay, we can make that happen to go back home to Kitchener.

Jamal Murray: thanks babe 🥲

Nikola Jokic: you're very welcome love.

Later on, Branislav comes to Jamal. "I heard that you're heading back to Kitchener, is that correct?" "Yes Pa, I really have to go back to Kitchener," He told him. "No worries son, just let me know and I'll drop you guys off at the airport," "Okay Pa," He answered. Nemanja and Strahinja understood that Jamal had to go back to his hometown since their house was not yet ready.

3 days later,

Jamal heads home to Toronto international airport along with Nikola Jokic. Yet, Roger, Sylvia and Lamar hugged them and said welcome home. Somehow, Jamal smiled knowing that his mother had told him that it would be better for him to have a baby here in Kitchener and they both agreed that it will be easier for the pregnant Kitchener athlete to give birth in Canada. After being picked up by his family at Toronto International Airport, Lamar was jumping in excitement that his older brother was home.

~ Jamal Murray's bedroom ~
4:00pm,

Jamal's little brother Lamar comes in to feel the unborn child moving around his older brother's belly. Yet, he was tearing up knowing that he's going to be an aunt and an uncle. "You're pregnant right big brother?" Jamal nodded at Lamar's question. "Wow, I can't believe my brother is going to be a mom," "You really think so?" He chuckled. "Yep," He smiled. "I'm going to be a mom," Lamar bonds with his brother and Nikola where they would be bonding in Jamal's bedroom.

Nikola Jokic: you know Lamar, Jamal is going to be a mom.

Lamar Murray: yep.

Jamal Murray: I know Lamar was so excited to be an aunt and an uncle.

Nikola Jokic: yep.

Jamal Murray: Babe I need a nap.

Nikola Jokic: okay.

Lamar decided to take a nap as well with Jamal and Nikola. Somehow, he was dressed up in a Satin nightgown. The next thing he would do was to talk to his mom about the motherhood. Yet, Sylvia would always give him an advice about pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum stuff, but she will guide him through the process of how his body can prepare for the pregnancy and birth. Although, he hasn't experienced any childbirth yet because he went from being the teenager to now a mother to be. Yet, the best thing they did was to take him to the doctor's appointments and a follow up visit with the obstetrician, so far there were no complications with the pregnancy. Somehow, the doctor had confirmed to Jamal that he's still going through the stages of puberty and growth spurt, but what's more important is that he and the unborn child are both healthy and strong.

Even with the baby growing in Jamal's womb, Nikola plants a kiss on the forehead, lips and rubbed him on the baby bump. Roger, Sylvia and Lamar came inside and were greeted with the smile on their face. "Mom, Dad," Jamal greeted his parents. "Hi there,"

Roger Murray: awwww look at our Jamal, he went from being the little boy to now becoming a mother.

Sylvia Murray: I know, he's becoming one just like me.

Lamar comes to him. "My big brother is going to be a mom," He smiled. Lamar had grown up with Nikola when Jamal and Nikola started dating in 2011. He goes to the arcade with the two people and Nikola's family. Not only that, Branislav was the first person to treat Jamal like he was his own son and would always help him around the house and other things. Little did he know, Branislav would be coming in to spend time with him.

Jamal Murray: Is Papa coming?

Nikola Jokic: yep.

Jamal Murray: great! I missed him.

Nikola Jokic: I know you do.

Jamal and Branislav were very close since meeting the Jokic family and they will pick him up from the airport. In fact, Branislav was very excited to see Jamal. Somehow, he did have a great bond with him and would want to spend the night at the Murray residence in Kitchener. When they came for the sleepover. Branislav developed a close bond with Jamal. He caressed Jamal's hair softly and placed his hand on the baby bump.

Branislav Jokic: I'm going to be a grandfather.

Jamal Murray: I know Pa 🥺.

Branislav Jokic planted a kiss on Jamal's forehead. "Gosh! Your girlfriend's so stunning," "I know Tata," Nikola said smiling. "And he's still my girl," Jamal started to chuckle. "Okay, you guys are way too much, but I'll take that,"

Branislav Jokic: I heard that they have the event in Toronto.

Jamal Murray: what is it?

Branislav Jokic: you know the Baby-list? They were putting the baby registry on display.

Jamal Murray: Oh okay.

Branislav Jokic: you know if Nikola ever goes to the game I'll be with you okay son?

Jamal Murray: Okay Pa.

At that moment, Jamal had fallen asleep and Branislav kisses him on the forehead. You can tell that he and Branislav had a very close bond.