Chapter Five: Morning sickness 🤢🤢

November 2012

Jamal Murray POV:

I was spending the Thanksgiving Holiday at my house in Kitchener when I started to feel nauseous. I tried the hardest not to embarrass the guests that my mom and dad had invited over for the Thanksgiving dinner, but my dad suspected that I was feeling like I needed to throw up.

Jamal comes out as he was going to help his dad with the groceries and making the food for the guests when he starts to feel nauseous. "Eugh! Eugh!" "Jamal, are you alright?" Roger asked. "No dad, I don't feel so good. I think I'm going to barf," He would run to the bathroom and vomits in the toilet bowl. His mother knew something was up and she decided to take Jamal to the clinic. However, the doctor had discovered that Jamal got pregnant at 15. It was a shocker because he was young and didn't know what to do.

"Congrats! He's in his third week of pregnancy," He couldn't believe his eyes. He had a future ahead of him and now that he's going to be a teen mom. His mother was shocked but she knew what he was going through. After coming home from the clinic, he took out the clear blue pregnancy test from his nightstand and waited for few minutes for the results to come. Moments later, the test came back positive and he was sobbing in tears. His life turned upside down knowing that he got pregnant at 15. Next, he went downstairs to tell his parents, only to discover that his father became very upset with him.

"Jamal, how could you do this? You're only 15. How are you going to balance between going to school and taking care of the baby?" Roger had found out about Jamal's pregnancy after he came back from the clinic. Well you can tell that he may have been gaining an extra pound on his body. "Dad, it's not what you think it is. I know I made a stupid mistake. I'm sorry dad, I really do," "Well you're sorry that you did this to yourself," Roger yelled making Jamal cry. "You're in High school and I had no idea how this happened!" Sylvia knew he couldn't bear to see her son being in a situation and gave him a hug. He went upstairs to his room and called Nikola about what had happened.

Nikola Jokic: Hello?

Jamal Murray: Babe, I need to talk. My dad got mad at me because I told him that I was pregnant. I don't know what to do now.

Nikola Jokic: it's okay, we'll figure this out together.

Jamal continues sobbing realizing that he was very young to be a mother. Later on, Branislav calls him and asked what was going on. He informed to Branislav that he got pregnant. "Please don't be mad at me Pa, I don't know what to do," Nikola's father wasn't upset with Jamal, he understood what he was going through. "Hey no worries son, I'm not mad. I'm going to be a grandfather," "Really?" He asked. "Yes and don't worry I'll talk to Roger for you okay?" He nodded as Branislav comes in to talk with Jamal's father. "So I heard that Jamal is pregnant right?" Nikola's father followed. "Yes and I can't imagine that because he's very young to be a mother," "I know," Branislav comforts him. "It will take time, I'm sure and I'd love to take Jamal with me and Nikola to places," "Oh okay," He said. "And I just feel so bad for yelling at him,"

Branislav Jokic: I understand Roger and I'm a father too.

Roger Murray: Oh okay.

Branislav Jokic: I know that Jamal is a very young man and I wanted to vouch a support for him.

Roger Murray: do you really mean that?

Branislav Jokic: yes and First of all, I can be his father figure too!

Roger Murray: I see.

Branislav Jokic: Just try to talk to him.

Roger went upstairs to apologize to Jamal. "I'm sorry for what I did to yell at you. It's just that I don't want to lose you," "That's okay dad," Jamal smiled. "Besides, you're going to be a grandpa," "Yep," He chuckled and hugged Roger.

Branislav Jokic: everything okay?

Jamal Murray: yes Branislav.

Branislav Jokic: okay and actually, you can call me Papa or anything. It has a better ring to it.

Jamal Murray: Thanks Pa.

Branislav Jokic: you're very welcome my dear. I love you.

Jamal Murray: I love you too Pa.

Later that night,

Sylvia enters Jamal's bedroom as she was letting him know that she will be there for him. Somehow, she would tell him that it happens so fast. "You know Jamal, it was a shock to me that you're pregnant, but don't worry, we'll figure this out together and we'll get through this, okay?" "Okay mom," He replied. "That being said, I am very sorry for being a total fool for telling you guys that I was pregnant. I know Lamar would be mad at me too," "No he's not mad, he was surprised as well and so am I, but it will be alright. Try not to stress yourself out too much okay?" "Okay Mom," He smiled.

"I mean even if you're pregnant, you're still the Jamal Murray that I gave birth to and look at him now, he's going to be a mother," she made him laugh. "Mom seriously? Of course! I'm going to be a mom," He chuckled. "You know Jamal, you're going to have your journey as a mom and if you have any questions and concerns, I'll be willing to answer anything," he and his mother decided to talk about the motherhood and she will do what she can to guide him through.