Chapter One: Meeting Nikola Jokic

Jamal Murray POV:

Hi My name is Jamal Murray I am the point guard for Denver Nuggets. I am the person who would be in anywhere else and no, I don't have any dating apps because I wanted to experience on what it was like to meet someone who would soon become my boyfriend. Although, this might be the most awkward moment that I've ever dealt with. Anyways, let's get the story started.

Spring 2010

Kitchener, Ontario
8:30pm,

It started on a normal day as Jamal was trying to get over a breakup from his middle school crush Dillon Brooks and of course it was very hard at first and Jamal had so many regrets. His dad had suggested to him to focus on something else. In fact, Roger had suspected Jamal couldn't get over a breakup and would cry in his room. Lamar had told him. "Jamal, you know you deserve better than the toxic person that you were with," He agreed and decided to follow his heart. He focused on himself and the education that he needed to learn and yet, he had informed to Dillon Brooks that he and him will be better off as friends knowing that they have to focus on the things one at a time.

In fact,

It got to the point when Jamal had seen Dillon Brooks walking with his boyfriend Cory Joseph. Well in fact, he was trying not to show any jealousy because he knew he didn't want that. If that's what my instinct would be, then I'd suggest I'll move forward with my lives and routine instead. Jamal had thought to himself. Later on, he decided to participate the activities with his father and he had been feeling much better right after getting over a breakup from Dillon Brooks. Although, he told his parents that he wasn't holding grudges against him and yet, they were so proud of him, Lamar was so happy that Jamal decided to leave the bad breakup behind and went on with him not holding grudges against his ex-boyfriend. Although, Dillon Brooks comes by at his house to tell him that he and Cory Joseph were doing well and decided to leave the past behind just to move on to their lives. Yet, Cory Joseph was supportive to Dillon and Jamal since they grew up together as kids.

It took him couple of months to recuperate his own life and ways until he met the person who would soon become his boyfriend. Yet, he was at the bench when he saw a person who was sitting on the bench and man! He was 6'10", had light blue eyes and was wearing jeans and long sleeves. Did this mean he could finally meet his match? Or was it something that he could have imagined?

Jamal's best friend Khem Birch was surprised seeing the person who had traveled all the way from Serbia just to see someone who would soon become his girlfriend. Only way for Jamal to find out.

*Meeting Nikola Jokic*

Jamal traveled to Sombor to meet with the person who will soon become his boyfriend. Yet, they wanted to get to know each other as they started introducing themselves. "Hi what's your name?" The voice asked. "I'm Jamal," He introduced himself to the man. "I'm Nikola Jokic, nice to meet you," "It's nice to meet you too Nikola!" A young Kitchener male was amazed knowing that he met the man that would soon become his boyfriend. Well of course they have been getting to know each other until the year 2011 when they started dating. Although, he decided to introduce Nikola to the family.

Introducing Nikola Jokic to the Murray family ~

Kitchener, Ontario
6:00pm,

"Hi Mom, Dad and Lamar, there's someone I'd want you guys to meet," He walks home as Nikola Jokic was greeting them. "Hi everyone!" "Hi I'm Roger, this is my wife Sylvia and my other son Lamar," His dad replied. "I'm Sylvia, Jamal and Lamar's mom, nice to meet you Nikola," "I'm Lamar, nice to meet you too Nikola," "It's been a pleasure to meet you all," "So Nikola, how did you come all the way here from Serbia?" Sylvia asks. "Well, I'd love to take a vacation in Canada, so I decided that I get to meet Jamal and to get to know him better," "I can see that," She replied. "And also, you're more than welcome to sleep in Jamal's room if you like," "Wait! What?" Jamal was surprised. "Mom, what on earth did you suggest to Nikola to sleep in my room?" "Well you know, he seems to be a very nice person. Maybe one day you and him will soon become a couple," She smiled. "Mom, please don't embarrass me in front of Nikola. Besides, I would be sleeping in the living room anyway," "Oh no no no no, I don't mind having Jamal to sleep beside me," Nikola insisted that Jamal would be sleeping beside him.