𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

CHAPTER TWENTY !
Homesick

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

It has been a few days since Tori and her mother had arrived at France, specifically where the city of love is located. One day, Tori just completely started missing home. It was one of those episodes where she started to feel like an actual child for once.

This seems to have caught her mother's attention as she stood behind camera, watching the shoot with a worried gaze. She knew something was wrong from the moment she sees her daughter's discomfort.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" The camera woman asked as she moves away from her camera, crouching down in front of the little girl. Tori bits down on her lower lip before opening up her mouth to speak. "Could I possibly take a break for a moment, please?" She asked— more like pleaded.

The woman's eyes soften before nodding, looking back at the other staff. "Let's take a break for a while everyone." She said, looking back down at the little girl with a soft smile. "Go on, your mother is over there."

She quickly led the little girl towards her mother, who immediately mouthed a grateful 'thank you' to her.

Sarah Simons held onto her daughter's hand, squeezing it to reassure her that everything was alright as she leads her towards the dressing room where they could both have their own privacy from the peering eyes of others.

Once the doors closed behind them, Tori just felt like her whole mood just dropped. She began fidget her fingers together as she anxiously walks around the room in circles.

"What's wrong sweet pie?" Her mother whispers to her as she sat on the couch, patting the seat beside her for her daughter to take— which she did. The moment she sat down and her mother had started caressing her head, Tori felt something break inside of her that caused her tears to start falling down.

"I wanna go home." Tori cried, burying her face against her hands. Her mother lets out a couple shh's, softly patting her hair down, trying her best to calm down the girl.

"It's okay, your okay." Sarah whispers, "Tell mummy what's wrong, hmm? Are you feeling uncomfortable? Do you want to go back to the hotel and call it a day?" she started listing off the possible things that could make her daughter feel better.

"We can ditch them if that's what you want." Sarah half jokingly said causing the little girl crack a small smile from that joke.

Tori sniffs, grimacing at the feeling of her snot inside her nose. Her mother had quickly grabbed her some tissues from her back and gave it to her daughter, which she used to sneeze out her snots.

She crinkled her nose before frowning slightly as she wipes her runny nose. "I-I just miss home." She honestly said, sniffing once more as her ocean blue eyes started to cloud with tears again.

Sarah felt her heart break into pieces. She smiled sadly at her daughter, "I miss home too." She whispered to her, bringing her into her arms and giving her one of her warmest hugs.

"It's okay, we'll be home soon. You're just feeling homesick, ain't that right? You miss Dad, Tommy?—" She looks down at the little girl in her arms, who rubs her slightly red nose before opening her mouth to speak. "Betty and Walter too." she quietly said.

Her mother lets out a chuckle, "Hmm yes them too. Say why don't we call them right now? Just to see what they're up to at the moment, hmm? Would that cheer you up?" she asked. When she saw a nod from her daughter, she immediately dialed up her husband's phone number and pressed the call button.