𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE !
Fishing

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

"Sweetheart, someone's at the door. Could you be a dear and get it for me, please love?" Tori looks away from her sketch book before turning her head towards her mum's way. She nods in compliance before jumping off the kitchen stool and starts running towards the front door.

She reaches up at the door chain, unlocking it, before opening the front door to reveal a man towering over her with his shadow.

Jack glances down to see someone not Mrs. Simons nor Tommy opening the door, but the little Tori herself. He cracks out a smile, giving an unsure wave at her. "Hi there." He greeted.

Tori stared up at him with a gobsmacked face before quickly shutting off the door at his face. "Mum! There is a slenderman standing right in front of our porch!" She yells out, running to where her mother was.

Mrs. Simons, who was tending to her flowers, almost dropped her scissors in confusion at her daughter's words. Flabbergasted, she looks back to the kitchen back door.

"What?"

"I'm terribly sorry for that Jack. I have no idea what has gotten into her." Mrs. Simons apologizes to the young man. Jack lets out a soft smile, shaking his head in thought. "It's alright Mrs. Simons. I'm sure she didn't mean it. I'm technically a stranger to her." he reassured her, averting his gaze towards the little girl that was hiding behind her mother's figure.

"Hello Tori."

"Tori honey, say sorry to Jack." He heard her whisper to the little girl, who only clutched her mother's clothes from behind.

"S-sorry." Tori shyly said before fully shoving her face onto her mother's back, gripping her clothes a bit harder this time.

Mrs. Simons just sighed, turning to the young man with a apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry, she's usually shy when it comes to meeting people."

"That's quite alright. In fact, we've already met from before— isn't that right Tori? It's me Jack! Remember me?" Jack softly said, crouching a bit down with his right knee on the ground. He tried his very best to not make his height seem intimidating to the child.

The little girl noticeably perks up at his words and lifts her face away from her mother's back. "Jack?" she said, narrowing her eyes at him with a hint of suspicion. He didn't mind at all as he continued to give her a genuine smile.

"Yeah, we played together in Among Us remember?" Jack continued to tell to her the the little things that that they've done together. As he continues to talk, the more Tori was not cowering behind her mother's figure anymore. In fact, she was tuning in to his storytelling.

Tori's eyes sparkle in recognition, "It is you! Jacky, did you come for me?!" She excitedly asked, jumping up and down. "I've never had friends come over to my place!"

Jack burst into laughter and nods, ignoring the nickname that she had given to him. "Yes of course! Why would I be here if I didn't come for you." He lied through his smile. He didn't have the guts to break her heart that he's actually visiting her brother since Tommy had asked him to since they were going to fishing. But he really did wanted to meet the infamous little simons.