Chapter One- Council Meetings And PJs

This chapter is dedicated to Ari3II3 whose stories made me laugh hysterically when i thought i couldn't laugh anymore.

-em

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

The sound of someone knocking on my door broke me from my reverie.

Knock-Knock

I opened the door and instantly regretted it.

“Good morning Arabella.”

I scowled at the girl who stood before me. “Good morning Katherine.”

I’ve known Katherine since I was three. Let’s just say Katherine has contributed to a lot of unhappy embarrassing memories in my life. She is a full-blooded angel who has, for some inscrutable reason, always ‘disliked’ me. Ever since we were toddlers she has been competing with me even though I don’t want to be a part of her whacky competition. There hasn’t been a single opportunity in our existences that Katherine hasn’t snatched if she couldn’t put me down.

I continued to glare at Katherine. She stood erect, her hazel brown eyes sparkling with glee; her chestnut hair gleaming under the daylight. Like all angels, to human eyes Katherine was beautiful and blessed with grace.  I frowned. Something was wrong… ahh there it was. Katherine wore her signature I-know-something-Arabella-doesn’t-know-look.

Great. Just great!

Perfect way to ruin my Saturday morning. I wasn’t in the mood to face Katherine now. I had just completed packing for my shift with mom to the human society and I hadn’t had breakfast yet. I was starving! Which unmerciful force wanted me to put up with Katherine on an empty stomach?

Don’t get me wrong Katherine possessed a pure heart. Like other angels she was exceptionally noble hearted and all… it’s just that when it came to me Katherine lost all those redeeming qualities. Poof! Gone.

Katherine stepped into my room without invitation. Huh. What’s new.

Her critical eye assessed the suitcases that weren’t zipped up. She smirked. “I see some things never change.” I turned around to see what she was talking about. Oh. I had just dumped all my possessions and clothes in a giant ball in all the suitcases, not bothering with all the segregation and folding.

Angels are very meticulous and organized. Me? Not so much. My messy ways reflected on my demonic genes that basically pleaded for chaos in life. I rolled my eyes. Seriously. What a crime we all (okay okay only me.) couldn’t be freakishly neat. Arrest me.

Katherine just continued in her fake saccharine voice. “Sometimes you and your habits are such a disgrace to angels. Don’t you feel embarrassed? It’s getting more and more obvious you aren’t like us.  Guess the council has finally decided to take notice of that fact, I see they’ve packed you up to leave?”