Chapter Two- Angels And Demons? Been there; Done that

This chapter is dedicated to iPurple whose story was one of the first i read on wattpad and ended in me becoming a member. You rock and i'm sure will continue doing so! XD

- em

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap

-_-_-_-_-

Use fire... the devil whispered. Project the fire in you... I suddenly imagined Liam roasted. The devil crooned... yes...

"Shut Up!" I screamed.

There was dead silence.

Good. That was better.

Then I realized that the silence was in the room for Liam had abruptly stopped talking. Fish. "What was that?" Liam asked seething. "What did you say?" I gulped.

The whole council gaped at me in shock. It was certain by their expressions that they had never witnessed such defiance.

Great job Arabella.

This is just wonderful.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter Two

"I... I..." I stuttered. For the love of all things sweet how do I keep landing myself in such situations? It felt as though the room's temperature had dropped down a few degrees. I stared at my feet as my brain strived for an excuse. Suddenly I noticed a small bit of nail paint I had missed on my big toe. Fish I have to remove it later-

Snap out of it idiot!

I mentally kicked myself. There is a room full of angry angels waiting for your reply Arabella. All of a sudden Mark Twains words came to me. "When In doubt, speak the truth." Nope. Bad advice. Sorry Mr. Twain I thought bitterly but if I tell the council of angels I was actually talking to my inner devil who was pleading me to make roast Liam chops then they'd lock me up for a long, long time...

"I-I wasn't talking to you", I said lamely. Very smooth Arabella. Liam looked as though he wished capital punishment in angel society were legal. "Really?" he asked in a controlled voice. "Then would you care to enlighten us all who you were addressing Arabella."

"I..." then to make matters worse my stomach growled so loudly as though someone had attached an amplifier there. And things became even worse, if that was possible, when my stomach continued to growl, in the same breath, for what seemed like a whole minute.

The whole room was dead silent for a minute except for the orchestra my stomach performed- 'Ballad of the hungry.' I wanted to die.

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment, I clutched my stomach as though hoping I could tame the wild beast that roared within, that's when I was struck with a sudden burst of inspiration. "I was talking to my stomach." I muttered sheepishly. It was a lie but I already appeared so flustered from my embarrassing stomach episode that hopefully nobody saw through it. "I'm really hungry. As you probably heard." I added.