The Drawing

"____," you heard a familiar male voice call as you made your way to the mess hall.You turned around, your ____ hair catching in the breeze. Through wispy strands of hair, you saw your sparring partner, Jean Kirschtein, running after you."What's up," you asked, pushing your hair away."You heading to dinner," Jean asked, "Cause I wanna talk to you.""Yeah, sure, walk with me," you said.You and Jean entered the mess hall together and the smells of bread and potato soupfilled your nose. God, it smelled delicious. Your stomach rumbled heartily at the tempting scent and you were immediately drawn into the dinner line."Someone's hungry," Jean murmured as he followed you."You would be too if you sparred all day and didn't eat breakfast," you giggled, picking up atray, "So what'd you wanna talk to me about?"Jean's slender face changed into a smug expression, his lips curled up into a smirk. You knew that face all too well. Either he was about to break into a teasing session or he was going to taunt you about how someone else in the camp liked you. So far, he had teased you about Armin, Eren, and Connie, so you wondered who could be next."So you know how I share a room with Bertholdt, Reiner and Marco," Jean began as he picked up a bright red apple from the stand"Yeahhhh," you said hesitantly/"One of them, excluding myself has a crush on you," he chuckled, " And I know exactly who it is.""Surprise, surprise," you muttered sarcastically as the two of you made your way to a table and sat down."No, no, ____, I'm being serious," Jean replied as he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper, "I found this under their pillow."You reached over and slowly took the piece of paper, your _____ eyes affixed on Jean.The paper was thin, almost like sketch paper and it felt rough in your hands. Gently, as so not to rip it, you unfolded it. The drawing on the paper almost made you cry out in surprise. It was a drawing of you. Every little detail of your face, carefully drawn out: the ____ of your eyes, your cheekbones, your ample lips, your gentle expression gazing off at something distant, and your ____ ___ hair flowing in the wind. Who? Who, you wondered, could've drawn this? And with so much detail! You stared at the paper as Jean's hazel eyes watched you."Who's pillow did you get this from," you asked breathlessly, trying to maintain yourcomposure.Jean leaned over on one elbow and pointed a long, slender finger through the spacebetween Armin and Bertholdt's heads straight to Reiner Braun."Reiner," you exclaimed, a bit too loudly, Jean quickly covering your mouth as Reiner'swhole table looked back at the two of you."Nothing to see here cadets," Jean chuckled as he waved them off, then turning to you, he hissed through his clenched teeth, "Maybe not so loud, please! Reiner'd have my hide if he knew I rummaged through his things!""Why were you even rummaging to begin with, Jean," you hissed back."I needed a belt for my gear!"Slowly, you looked back down at the unfolded drawing in your lap, and again, it somehowmanaged to take your breath away. How could tough Reiner capture you so gently with the stroke of a pencil?"Surprise, surprise," Jean whispered as you continued to stare at the drawing.