Sparring Day

You paced your room frantically, muttering to yourself: Reiner Braun, Reiner Braun, Reiner Braun...this was madness!!! You had sparring practice in 10 minutes and it was new partner day. Oh God, what it you got paired with...with...Reiner!?!? Your heart sped up at the bare mention of his name."_____, are you okay," you hear your roommate, Sasha Braus, ask as she exited thebathroom into the bedroom you shared."Who me," you cried, "Just dandy, Sasha!""Hmm..something is wrong," she said cocking her head to the side, "I haven't know you forthat long, but I can tell when something's up.""Reiner has a crush on me," you sighed as you plopped on the bed."Wait....the Reiner," Sasha asked, a certain tone filling her voice, "Like...big, tall, meanReiner?"You nodded, your face growing hot with embarrassment, "Jean was rummaging inReiner's stuff for a belt and found a picture he'd drawn...of me."Sasha's face went through about twenty different expressions before she burst outlaughing hysterically. You only blushed harder and palmed your face to hide it, "I know, it's so ridiculous!""It'd be funny if you got paired up with him today," she laughed."Pleeeeaseee don't joke like that," you whined.

You stood in line outside with your fellow cadets, Reiner included. It was a day today andyour Training Corps jacket was growing uncomfortable. Shadis walked down the line, eyeballing each and every cadet before coming back and stopping in the middle. You hoped and prayed to God he wouldn't pair you with Reiner."Sasha Braus, Connie Springer," Shadis yelled, "You're a team!!"You watched as Sasha and Connie walked away together to begin sparring, your heartracing violently inside your chest. You were almost sure you'd faint from the suspense and hoped no one could hear how hitched your breathing had become."Jean Kirschtein, Eren Jaeger," Shadis called, making your heart drop.Your partner had been paired with someone else, now it was almost certain who you'dbe with."Good luck with Reiner," Jean teased as he walked by you, but only where you could hear.You nodded dumbly and you could feel your body start to go numb as cadets were calledleft and right. Annie and Bertholdt, Armin and Krista, Mikasa and Marco, then your worst fear was confirmed."_____ ______, Reiner Braun, since you two are left over, you'll be a team," Shadis yelled.Oh God...this couldn't be happening. What cruel trick was this? You tried to move, but yourbody and brain weren't firing right and you stayed rooted in place, face three shades lighter than what it should've been. Shadis yelled your name again, but you heard it muffled under your heartbeat, then Reiner's voice came."_____, are you okay," he called, you hearing it loud and clear, snapping out of youralmost dream like state.You nodded as Reiner ushered you away to a clear spot. He stood in front of you, his eyesaffixed on you, it was almost like he could see through you."Are you okay," he asked again, "Cause you don't look okay enough to sparr...or anythingreally.""Noreallyimfinethere'snoneedtoworryaboutme," you said, a little too quickly for his ears tocatch.He looked a bit confused, "Are you sure?"You nodded, "Yes, now shut up and fight me," you said nervously as you got into fightingstance.The worried look didn't leave Reiner's face as he too took up the stance. Oh God, oh God,oh God, what were you doing? He was almost twice your size and you were willing to fight him? Adrenaline rushed through your veins as you watched him carefully. Suddenly, he lunged at you and all your senses went offline. You let out a tiny squeak as his left fist caught you square in the gut. You landed on the ground with a thud as Reiner rushed over to you. Something in the back of your throat burned as you struggled to catch your breath, wheezes escaping you."Oh God, ______, I'm so sorry," Reiner exclaimed, "I thought you were ready!"You opened your mouth to speak but only a wheeze came out and the burning sensationgrew closer and a horrible taste filled your mouth. You were gonna throw up. You quickly closed your mouth and covered it with both hands as Reiner, and now Eren, helped you up, Reiner holding your waist, Eren, your shoulders."What happened," Shadis asked as he strided over to the scene.Before anyone could utter a single word, you hurled right there with everyone watching,then, everything went black.