Disconnect

You spent your next week avoiding Reiner and his little group. It was hard to do on crutches, seeing as you had to hobble everywhere. Jean usually helped you the best you could, but he wasn't always around to do so.

 "I don't understand why the two of you don't just sit down and try to work it out," Jean said one day as he helped you sit on the wooden bench just outside the mess hall.

 "Because I don't know if I'll be able to face him," you said softly as you leaned back on the cool stone wall.

 And that was the truth. You were hurting too much to even look him in the eye, much less have anything to say to him. You were afraid to try, afraid to lose him even more than you already had. You didn't just love him, you were in love with him. You loved him for him, even though you knew his biggest, life-destroying secret. Wait..you knew his secret. As you thought about it more and more, an evil, disgusting plan began to form in the back of your mind, but you knew you wouldn't be able to pull it off without regretting it halfway through. Just then, Annie and Ymir came out of the mess hall.

 "Jean, we need to talk to (Y/N) alone," Ymir said as the two women seemed to tower over you.

 At first, Jean seemed hesitant tot leave you with them, but in the end he reluctantly went inside to get some food. Annie came over and sat next to you whilst Ymir chose to stand.

 "We know you heard us that night," Ymir began, "Sorry, but that bump on your head had to happen," she explained.

 You knew exactly what she was talking about, except, you couldn't remember a word of what was said.

 "That's why when we leave, you're coming with us," Annie chimed in, throwing her arm over the back of the bench.

 "Going where," you exclaimed, getting a bit worried.

 "We have to get out of town and we can't have you still here, you might run your mouth," Ymir said blandly.

 You didn't want to go with them, especially if Reiner was going.

 "Is..he going," you asked, hoping they knew who you were referring to.

 "Of course..and you know why," Annie replied.

 "Then I don't want to go," you protested.

 "And here I thought you'd follow him to the ends of the earth," Ymir chuckled, "It doesn't matter, you're going one way or another."

 You clenched your fists in your lap. You knew protesting would do you no good. They would take you willingly or you would be taken by force.

 "Fine," you finally said.

 You sat up in your bed waiting for Ymir and Annie to come get you. It was giving you anxiety up the wazoo. All the other girls were having dinner in the mess hall. You wondered how it all even came to this point. Maybe if you had just avoided Reiner like planned, you wouldn't be in this situation, but you knew it would've been impossible. Deep down, you knew you had liked him too much to try and avoid him, but now you just didn't know. You wanted to just run and tell someone, but you couldn't, you couldn't bear if something happened to Reiner. 

A light tap on the window broke you out of your thoughts.

 "(Y/N), come on," Ymir said as she lifted the window and climbed in,"We gotta leave now before someone sees."

 You froze, unable to move or even talk. This was real, as real as it would ever get and you were scared. Ymir, grabbed your arm and you instinctively pulled back.

 "N-no," you stuttered, "I don't want to go."

 Ymir looked puzzled for a split second before coming back to her senses, "You don't have a choice," she said impatiently, pulling something out of her jacket pocket.

 It was a small bottle and a cloth. You knew what was coming next. You frantically pulled away and ran like a madman for the door, but Ymir was faster, lunging and tackling you to the ground, your body hitting the hardwood with a thud, her hand with the cloth clamped over your mouth. Slowly, the sweet, intoxicating scent filled your nose and the flickering lights of the candles began to slowly fade as you lost all inhibitions