Dance With Me (Part One)

"Sasha, is this really necessary," you asked as your roommate lined your eyes and blushed up your cheeks."I'm with _____," Mikasa agreed, "It's only the night before graduation.""ONLY the night before graduation," Sasha exclaimed, "This is the last night we have together, after that who knows what division we'll join?"That was all too true for you. You wanted to join the Survey Corps, but who knew what your friends would choose...what Reiner would choose. It had been two weeks since you learned of Reiner's drawing and after crying to him a few nights ago, you weren't sure if you were developing feelings for him and if you should tell him you knew, or if it was just nerves."____, you should tell Reiner how you feel," Mikasa piped up, "I've see the looks you two must have been giving each other lately."That was also true. Since that evening you cried, the two of you had looked at each other differently. He would often speak to you and try to catch your eye which usually made you smile and giggle and him chuckle slightly. Maybe, it wasn't just nerves, maybe you were actually feeling.Just then, a heavy knock came at the door."Come on, ladies," Jean's voice called through the door, "We'll be late!""Oh calm down Jean," Mikasa scolded flatly as she swung open the door."Well, well, who's this flower," Jean asked playfully, noticing your updone makeup, "I may have to steal you from Reiner myself," he joked."You will do no such thing, Romeo," you teased, I prefer a man who doesn't have a horseface." (AND THIS IS HOW HORSEFACE GOT STARTED)All the girls laughed as Jean turned bright red, "I do not have a horseface.""Of course not," you egged, laughing."Can we just go," he sighed as he followed everyone out the door.At the end of the hall, Eren, Armin, Connie, and Bertholdt were waiting in their uniforms."Wow, _____ you look nice," Armin said, glowing with delight, "I wonder what Reiner willthink."You also wondered if he would like it. You blushed at the thought of him saying so and calling you pretty. You and the gang made your way over to the main hall of the camp. The room was packed with other cadets and the low din of chatter filled the air. You looked around for Reiner, but didn't see him anywhere. You watched as Connie and Sasha went off to dance to the light violin music played by a couple of higher ranking cadets. Jean turned to you and spoke."Graduation tomorrow...what branch do you think you'll go into," he asked."Well I've always wanted to join the Scouts," you replied as you scanned the room again for Reiner, "But I'm not sure.""I think I'll join the Scouts too, it'll be fun to go out and explore beyond the walls," Jean said thoughtfully as he gazed the room, his eye catching Mikasa across the way talking to Eren, "I'm gonna go talk to Mikasa," he said as he drifted away in her direction.You stood there against the wall like the typical wallflower you were, observing everybodychat and eat and drink. You felt so out of place amongst the higher cadets. You could feel your cheeks flush as a group of guys in the corner look at you suggestively. Then you feel a strong presence behind you, making you turn around."Hey, how long have you been here," Reiner asked, almost towering over you."Uh..hey, I just got here about five minutes ago," you stuttered as you looked him over.Even though he was in his regular Training Corps uniform he looked better than he did any other day. His blonde hair was ruffled atop his head and his silvery brown eyes illuminated by the dim light. You almost groaned outwardly as you gazed at him and something inside you clenched. It scared you that it happened. What was going on?"Do you wanna dance with me," Reiner asked, holding out his calloused hand.You nodded with a giggle as he led you to a clear spot on the floor. Some of the others moved to make room for you. A smile spread over both your faces as Reiner gently placed one hand on your waist and took your other hand, cupping it gently. Slowly, the two of you began to sway, staring into each other eyes. Your heart fluttered as he twirled you. It made you feel like a little princess in a fairytale, you felt as if you were floating on thin air. Some of the cadets had stopped to watch you, muttering about how light Reiner was on his feet and how that was possible. As the violin's melody ended, Reiner dipped you and brought you back up, a smile plastered to his face. Everyone in the room burst out in applause and it was only then you realized that the floor had been cleared and it was just you and Reiner."That was amazing," Sasha cheered from the front of the audience, Jean applauding to your surprise.surprise. Reiner led you back to your friends, "No one told me you could dance, _____," he chuckled in surprise."I didn't know I could dance," you laughed.Suddenly, Reiner turned, his broad left shoulder shielding his words from everyone else'sears. You looked up at his face which had gone serious all of a sudden and put a pit in your stomach."_______," he said in a low voice, his hand on your waist."Y-yes," you answered quietly, your own voice becoming a tone higher."Meet me in my barrack after the party, the room will be cleared," he whispered.