22. twenty-two

☆---•°○°•---☆

Kept you waiting for so long but now, enjoy this chapter. I hope the wait will be worth it.

Trigger warned ⚠️ there is mention of harassment and panic attack in this chapter so only proceed at your own risk and if you feel comfortable.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Happy reading ♡

"Aadhya, wait a minute." Aadhya stopped when Avantika called her. Aayansh also halted on his tracks since both of them were going to Malhotras after Riya was done tying Rakhi to Aayansh, along with Shivam and Rithik.

Avantika and Divya both walked towards her.

"Kya hua?" She asked, a little confused and curious. Shaking her head, Avantika took a little kohl from her eyes and applied it behind her ears.

(What happened?)

"Kuch nhi, you're looking so pretty today to bas, Nazar ka Kala Tika lga rhi thi." She smiled hearing her mother-in-law who patted her cheeks lovingly.

(I need to make sure to keep evil eyes off you.)

"Aayansh, we all know that she's looking beautiful today but itna bhi mat Nihar use. Kahi Teri hi nazar na lag Jaye." Divya teased when she saw that her nephew was continuously staring at his wife, with a little smile on his face.

(Don't stare too much at her.)

Coming out of his trace because of the giggles of his family members, he looked here and there not knowing what to answer them as his ears and cheeks turned red.

For him, she was looking too gorgeous to even look away for a second. He eyed his wife, who blushed at Divya's words.

"Vo me..actually...Esa nhi Hai, I mean me...I'll take out the car." He stuttered and rushed out of the house, not wanting to embarrass himself.

"I should go as well." She informed the two ladies who nodded in agreement.

"Greet your family on our behalf as well." Smiling at them, she responded positively before following her husband.

"Don't you think you should stare at me a little less, everyone saw it." Aadhya eyed Aayansh who was walking with her.

"Don't you think I should stare at you a little more, to make you known to the fact that you look absolutely and breathtakingly gorgeous."

She blushed for the nth time now at his statement, who wasn't leaving any crumbs to complement her. She looked away, being speechless.

And before she could take another step, her body collided against his when He held her wrist and pulled her back.

She lifted her head to look at him, who slipped his hand on her bare waist, sending shivers down her spine. In a jiffy, he turned her around and now, her back was brushing against his front and his arm was wrapped around her stomach.

"What are you doing?" She asked, her heartbeat skyrocketing with each passing second and at the same time, she could feel his accelerating heart.

Digging into his pocket, he took out his phone and held it in front of them after putting her hair in one of her shoulder and keeping his chin on the other one.

"I remember, we don't have a picture together." His hot breath fanned on her neck and ear when He said, resulting in goosebumps all over her skin.

"Aayansh," She breathed out, keeping her hands over his and tilted her head to look at him.