Plan: YOLO

UP ABOVE IS A PIC OF PIPER MCLEAN

Percy's P.O.V

I am starting to doubt my yolo plan.

I started to miss Iapetus.

Now the guide was an emaciated corpse lady who I was pretty sure had some serious self-esteem issues.

As we continue to walk through the fog it started to become thick, so thick that I had to resist the urge to swat it with my hands.

If we were still on the body of Tartarus, I figured we must be on the bottom of his foot- a rough, calloused expanse where only the most disgusting plant life grew.

Finally we ended up to what I decided to call the big toe. It really did look like that.The fog cleared away and I found ourself on a peninsula that jutted out over a pitch-black void.

"Here we are" Akhlys turned.

Blood from her cheeks dripped on her dress. Her sick eyes looked moist and swollen but it carried excitement.Can misery even look excited.

"Uh... Great" I said "where is here?"

I feel knowledge coming up, let me get my book and pen- Athena"

The verge of final death" Akhlys stated "where Night meets the void below Tartarus"

I inched forward and peered below the cliff"I thought there was nothing below Tartarus"

I questioned.

"Oh certainly there is.." Akhlys had a coughing fit before finishing "even Tartarus had rise from somewhere. This is the edge of the earliest darkness, which was my mother. Below lies the realm of chaos, my father. Here, you are closer to nothingness than any mortal has ever been. can you not feel it?"

I knew what she meant.

The void seemed to be pulling at him, leaching the breath from his lungs and the oxygen from his blood."We can't stay here" I concluded.

"No, indeed!" Exclaimed Akhlys. "Don't you feel the death mist? Even now, you pass between. Look!"

White smoke gathered around my feet. As it coiled up his legs, I then realized that the smoke wasn't surrounding me, but coming from me.

My whole body was painlessly dissolving. I held out my hand in daze to find them looking fuzzy and indistinct.

I couldn't even tell how many fingers I had.

Hopefully ten.

I studied my arms. All I had were blobs of white mist, I can only guess that I look like a corpse.

"I can't move very well, but I'm all right." I answer.

Akhlys clucked. "Oh, you're definitely not alright."I frowned with the sudden feeling of uneasiness. "But I can pass unseen now? I can get to the doors of death?"

"Well, perhaps you could...... if you live that long, which you won't" the goddess laughed... Or choked.

She spread her gnarled fingers. More plant bloomed along the edge of the pit: hemlocks, nightshade, and oleander spreading towards me.

Yeah I knew.

I mean I am a son of Loki, I saw that coming.

Looks like I have to make a plan now, it needs a title.

I know.

Yolo.

Urg stupid ADHD.

She talked once again"The death mist is not simply a disguise, you see. It is a states of being. I could not bring you this gift unless death followed- true death."