Argument

It's been a few days since their initial exploration of the Hermitage, and while Aelita wanted to know more about the house she was living in prior to all Lyoko and XANA, something inside her told her to stay away from the house.

She was now in the library, trying to understand why the Germans invaded Poland in the 1930s. For some reason, history wasn't something that was easy to understand for her, but she still did above 90% every exam.

"Aelita!" She heard. Turning around, she saw that there was no one in the library, only a running Jeremie, who was heading towards Aelita, with a bunch of papers in his hand. He sat down beside her, trying to regain his breath, and passed the papers to Aelita.

"What's this?" She asked, taking them into her hands, and reading the first page. 

"Anthea isn't...dead...legally." Jeremie tried to speak.

"Who is Anthea?" Aelita asked, turning the page.

There was a spy picture of Franz and a slim woman with pink hair captured right in front of some cottage. Under the picture was a description. P-84-03-13-#2981: Waldo Schaeffer with Anthea Hopper.

"Your mother." Jeremie finally said, after gaining his breath again. Aelita looked at him, tears in her eyes. Jeremie saw it almost immediately, and opened his arms for Aelita, offering her a hug. Aelita did lay down into Jeremie's hug, trusting him to not let her fall into the space between his and her's chair.

"But there's more, and I think you are gonna be happy about it," Jeremie said. "You can always read it later or never, as you wish. I'm not gonna pressure you into anything."

"Thank you, Jeremie," Aelita said, lifting herself up from his embrace. "I don't know how could I possibly repay you for everything."

"Never. Think. About. That." Jeremie said. "I'm just happy when you are happy, if you want then that can be the payment."

Aelita chuckled and grabbed the stack of papers, and stood up. "I'm going to read them later," Aelita said and walked away, but stopped before exiting the library. "Also we can go to a café later."

Jeremie nodded as he watched the girl with her beautiful hair walk away. But he was still worried, now not because of his problems in terms of love, but because he was going to be away for Christmas.

As strange as it sounds, it was true; Christmas was just around the corner, less than two weeks away. Aelita knew about the holiday, but he still haven't had time to tell her he will be going away, and he doesn't even know how to tell her. 

He grabbed his bag, only to see something falling out of it. He noticed that it was the picture Aelita put in a few days ago while they were in the Hermitage. And he also noticed he had a hole in his bag, through which the picture fell out.

I should give this to Aelita, otherwise, I'll forget again. Jeremie thought, walking out of the library. Since the classes were over for the day already, not many people were on campus, but rather out in the town, trying to get to watch the movie that just came into the town.

He made his way into the dorm building, surprised to see no one at the entrance, and walked to the door belonging to Aelita's room. 

For some reason, he didn't think that it would be good to knock, and he just opened the door.

"I forgot to give you the pict-" He froze, just as Aelita did. They were both looking at each other, the only difference was that Aelita was in the middle of changing her clothes.

It was an awkward moment, one that neither of them wanted to stop being. Jeremie, trying to be nice, didn't look down, but just into Aelita's eyes.

"Uhm." They both said, blinking at the same time. Jeremie kneeled down and placed the picture on the floor, and ran out, closing the door so no one would see Aelita.