Yumi's horror evening

"Are you sure we have everything?" Jeremie asked. For some reason, he let Aelita search his suitcase early in the morning. Not that he had any other chance, she would do that even outside, in front of the school while they would be waiting for Jeremie's father.

"Yes, you do have everything." Aelita chuckled. "And even if not, the necessary things are there for sure, so you'll survive."

"Okay, but..." "No buts, we are going," Aelita said, pushing him out of her room. "You said your dad will be here around 8, and it's already past that."

Jeremie sighed, and, being the gentleman he sadly always failed to be, grabbed both his suitcase and Aelita's bag, so she wouldn't look like an asshole in front of everyone and especially his own father.

Just outside the dormitory, they were met by Yumi, who had almost her eyes closed.

"It's cold, couldn't you be faster?" Yumi said, shaking. Aelita chuckled and hugged the girl, Yumi returning it.

"Be safe." They both told each other, followed by a laugh. Yumi turned to Jeremie, who sighed.

"Are you sur-" "Yes, I am. I remember the exact lines, I know how to locate the tower, and yes, we will call you." Yumi said. "But no worries, I'm sure XANA just wants to be alive, not trying to destroy the world."

"I highly doubt that," Jeremie said, and walked away, leaving Aelita and Yumi alone for some time.

"What's up?" "He seems...too tense," Aelita said, both looking at the Einstein walking away from them. "From the day we found that my dad is alive, he is like this. And it just got worse when we told each other our feelings." 

"Do you think..." "I doubt that he is unsure about a relationship. Maybe he's scared, but I won't push him." Aelita sighed. "After all, the man should ask the girl out, right?" 

Yumi nodded, recalling the bet they placed on them two days ago.

"Okay, go, everything is fine," Yumi said, waving at Aelita, who was already coming closer to Jeremie.

I hope. She added to herself. She had second thoughts about offering to be fully in charge while they were gone, but seeing how much Jeremie put himself through to get Aelita here, and, heck, without him, Lyoko and the supercomputer, she and Ulrich wouldn't be almost best friends. So she decided to put up with it, at least just this once.

Her phone suddenly buzzed, making her startle from her thoughts and take it out of her pocket.

Ulrich <333333

what u doing out in that cold??
u will catch smth

dont worry :))
ill be finewhy arent u asleep?

cant
actually, i need to talk to you

4sure
when?

the sooner the better
so...now?

okie

Soon, she saw Ulrich running towards her, wearing a sweater and a coat in his hand. As he came to her, she couldn't even say a word before being wrapped in the mentioned brown coat.

"It's cold," Ulrich said, as Yumi smiled, and wrapped it tighter around herself.

"What did you want to talk about?" Yumi softly asked.

"Uhm...well...I..." Ulrich began, stuttering. "I...what would you want to do on our date?"

The question clearly startled Yumi as that would be the last thing she thought would be spoken.