Lexy

"This is probably the dumbest thing we've ever done." Aelita sighed, watching the snowy plains surrounding the train tracks.

"I'm sorr-" "It's not your fault, Jeremie," Aelita said, and looked at him, as he was looking through the files on his laptop. "No one could have possibly known that this would happen."

"But it ruined everything." "Not everything," Aelita said, taking her shoes off and throwing her legs on Jeremie's. "Christmas isn't here yet, so we can have a nice holiday...after we deal with this."

"You are right." Jeremie nodded and rubbed his eyes as they were getting tired from the reading. "There's no clear saying that it was your father that even materialized someone."

"We are almost there anyway, so we can check everything." Aelita reminded him.

The train ride was fairly short, just an hour, but it was a long hour for them. Neither of them knew what to do when they came to the factory. Because of what Yumi said, there was a girl that she thinks is XANA.

If it was, then why didn't she attack? Was it a plan to act normal and then attack? Was this the reason XANA wanted the supercomputer to stay online? 

These questions were going to be answered in less than 20 minutes because they were arriving in Boulogne-Billancourt. Jeremie packed his laptop and the pack of sweets he brought for Aelita into his bag, and Aelita put on her shoes and the coat that she successfully stole from Jeremie.

"There should be a taxi waiting for us," Jeremie said, as the train came to a stop. They both exited the train and ran through the crowd to get in front of the station, where there stood a single taxi. They both quickly jumped in.

"Belpois?" "Yes, sir." "Okay, to the Rue Troyon 5." The driver said and drove away.

"Rue Troyon 5?" "A house across the bridge to the factory," Jeremie whispered back to Aelita.

/-/ Laboratory /-/

Yumi, Odd, and Ulrich were standing on the opposite side of the interface, looking at the girl. She was sitting on a blanket that they found there and had a bottle of water next to her. 

"Am I the only one scared about this?" Ulrich said. He was hurt that his date with Yumi was canceled but hoped that tomorrow he would have another chance.

"She hasn't spoken a thing," Yumi replied, clearly annoyed by what happened, since she was looking toward the date.

"She looks creepy." Odd added, that his only problem besides being taken out from dinner was that the girl was creepy but pretty.

Suddenly, the door to the elevator began opening, and in them stood Aelita, along with Jeremie. They all met in the elevator, huddled together.

"What did she say?" Jeremie asked.

"Nothing. I led her out of the scanner room up here and gave her water just in case." Yumi said. Aelita looked at her.

The girl had black hair with a few purple and red color streaks, wore a black, long-sleeved shirt, and paired with sports sweatpants. Despite knowing that it would alarm Jeremie, she let go of his hand and slowly walked towards the girl, who seemed to have noticed her.

Aelita sat down in front of her, having enough distance between them to be able to run away just in case.

"My name is Aelita, what's yours?" Aelita softly said, trying to not alarm the girl. The girl looked at her, allowing Aelita to see her vibrant purple eyes.

"Xana."

Aelita, despite internally almost fainting decided to be still calm.

"That name doesn't suit you. Do you remember your real name?" Aelita asked again.