Dad...?

*Zap*

Aelita opened her eyes swiftly, hearing something similar to a lightning bolt striking.

She looked around and saw...Lyoko. Except just a few seconds before she was living her dream, hearing Jeremie confess her love to her.

*Zap*

Now she heard it closer to her. Standing up, she felt a presence close to her. Which was bad, because it could be XANA, killing or kidnapping her in the process. Or because she was so close to the edge, she would get thrown into the Digital Sea.

Aelita turned around and saw a sphere glowing yellow and random lighting bolts coming out of it.

"A...Aeli...Aelita." A robotic voice said, having trouble speaking.

"Who are you?" Aelita asked, scared that she will get pushed off the edge soon.

"M...Me...Fr...Franz." The robotic voice spoke again, this time it sounding like it was coming out of the sphere.

Aelita opened her eyes wide, confused and surprised at the same time.

"Franz...Hopper?" Aelita asked, now quieter and more nervous.

"Y...Yes." The robotic voice said, now sounding much more clear.

"Dad...?" "Swe...Sweethe...Sweetheart." The voice spoke again.

This time, it wasn't like when XANA captured her and made her see her father. This time, she could feel he was alive, not just a simulation.

She needed to talk to him, but hearing he was having trouble speaking, she needed another way of talking to him.

"Supercomputer...message," Franz said again, making Aelita mentally facepalm for not thinking about it sooner.

"Yes! You could message me on the supercomputer, and you wouldn't have to speak, so you wouldn't be in pain." Aelita exclaimed. "But...what if you will get attacked while I'm not here? I can't get back to Lyoko immediately."

"Me...in Digital Sea...hide," Franz said.

Aelita nodded, and smiled, knowing that he saw it. She just needed to find a way to get back to the laboratory. But there was no monster around, and no one outside that could devirtualize her.

"Okay, go hide," Aelita said after making a plan. The sphere flew down towards the Digital Sea, while Aelita kneeled down, and began focusing.

This will hurt like crazy. Aelita thought, as she slowly created a rock on top of her, and then let it fall on top of her, devirtulizing her.

///-///

The scanner opened with Aelita in pain. A large rock squishing someone wasn't the most pleasant thing that can happen.

"Oww." She hissed in pain, holding her head as she walked out of the scanner.

She decided not to wait for the elevator, and even in the massive pain, she climbed the ladder up, excited to talk to her father normally, even if just by text.

She made her way to the computer, sitting down, and immediately seeing a message incoming. She opened the application, it logged her in with her avatar. Soon, the first message came through.

Franz Hopper: Hello darling, I'm so glad you are okay.
Franz Hopper: I would talk to you in Lyoko, but my speech engine is corrupted and it's drawing a lot more energy than it should.

Aelita began typing her reply, her hands shaking from the sudden excitement that her father is really alive. However, she wanted to test if he was real.