Hole in the wall

"Could we like...stay here longer?" Aelita said, finishing her plate. "Because I don't want to get used to school food again."

"It's a bummer, but no, sadly we can't," Jeremie said. "We also have to study something, you know?"

"Yeah, but...your mum cooks great!" Aelia exclaimed.

They both just finished eating lunch alone, as they were reading through more documents about Lexy's father, Tyron. And since it took longer than they thought, everyone had already eaten.

"Maybe someday you could learn and cook the meals yourself," Jeremie said, taking the plate from Aelita, and putting it on his. "I doubt they wouldn't be better."

"Ah, I remembered!" Aelita said. "I want to redesign the Hermitage and would be glad to move there. You could come with me, you know?"

Jeremie blinked twice, not sure if he heard correctly.

"Like...leave the dorms?" "Yeah, it would be our home and therefore no controls from Jim," Aelita said. "Plus the added bonus of not living in a dorm is the cooking."

"Are you sure?" "Yep!" Aelita said and smiled. "It is possible, however, I need to find papers of the ownership, and make myself some forged papers to transfer the ownership fully to me."

"I can do them for you." "I know, but you've already done so much for me, so I want this to be done myself," Aelita said, and really quickly placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Okay, well...good luck?" Jeremie said. "But I'll help you with anything if you need."

"We'll see." 

And with that, Jeremie stood up from his chair, took the plates into the sink, and began to wash them, while Aelita went downstairs. She learned about the basement just before lunch, when they passed Patrick, and he invited her for a quick game of tennis. It slightly shocked Aelita, given that she didn't know how would they play tennis in the basement, but she agreed.

Taking the last step, she looked around, seeing the basement. It was just a large room with concrete walls, where in the middle stood a pool table.

"Heeey, Aelita!" She heard Patrick from the other side. Walking there, she spotted a television on the wall, on which was tennis.

"Why did I think we are going to play real tennis?" Aelita said, making Patrick laugh, handing her a controller. "What's this?"

"This is your racket in the game," Patrick explained. "And with that, you play against me."

"Against you? That should be easy." Aelita joked, making Patrick act as if he was offended.

"Excuse me? I'm a god at this type of tennis." Patrick said. "Let's see who wins the first round."

"Game on!" Aelita said as Patrick started up the first game. 

Aelita easily swung the remote, hitting every ball, and learning how to aim properly. It didn't take long before she was winning 40 to 15, which surprised Patrick, but him being a sport player, he wasn't angry.

"Yes!" Aelita exclaimed, hitting the very edge of the field right on the serve. "I won."

"Huh, you did," Patrick said, ending the game and choosing a mode with 5 sets. "Let's go for 5 sets, so not just one single game."

"I can win that too." "We'll see," Patrick said. 

///

3-1

"How in the world?" Patrick asked himself, seeing the score. Aelita was clearly winning, but the game still continued for some reason, despite there was no way it would affect the score in a single set.