Gift status: acquired

"Oh, and Ms. Schaeffer, the principal would like to see you." Mrs Hertz said as she dismissed the class. Aelita looked at Jeremie, who nodded, reassuring her that it is fine, which neither of them knew for sure. Heck, they didn't even know what did he want.

"Yes, miss," Aelita replied, locking the clip on her bag, and putting it over her shoulder. She walked out of the classroom, Jeremie following her close behind.

"You go, and if anything happens, scream." Jeremie joked as Aelita walked away, heading up to the principal's office.

She was nervous since the only times when the principal calls a student into their office are when the parent wants to confront their child about marks, or when the student got in trouble. The first one was out of the question immediately, and she hoped the second one too since she tried to be quiet and nice as much as possible.

Knocking on the door, the secretary invited her inside her office, but she also opened the door to the principal's office.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Aelita asked as she peeked her head into the office. There was no one except the principal himself, which made her rule out both of the possibilities she thought of.

"Ah yes, Miss Schaeffer." Mr Delmas said, waving his hand so Aelita would come closer and sit in front of him.

"Now, I'm not gonna stress you out today. Your marks are exceptional, and the best in the whole programme." Mr. Delmas continued.

Which programme? "And I talked to the board, and I was obligated to give this to you the day you enrolled, but it got returned back to them, so I asked them to send it again." Mr Delmas finished, passing Aelita an envelope.

"Thank you," Aelita said. "But which programme?"

"Oh, right. It's a programme, or rather foundation for children who aren't...materialistically supported by their parents enough to let their child enjoy their life while being in our school." Mr Delmas said and looked at his computer. "Speaking of parents, your father updated the records of your last name."

"Oh, um, yes. I asked him to do that." "But promise me, don't add a middle name, okay?" The principal joked as Aelita let out a slight chuckle.

"Okay, that was all Aelita, you may go." He said, as Aelita stood up, grabbed the envelope and walked out of the room and into the hallway.

Her curiosity got the best of her, and she carefully opened the envelope, curious what was inside. She saw a paper, and something surprising; paper money. She took out the paper and began reading.

Dear Aelita Schaeffer-Hopper,
As a student in Kadic Boarding School, you were included in our programme helping students that can't afford school and free time activities. In the envelope you received is 1400E for you to freely spend on school, free time, or anything. 
This donation is recurring, which means the next time you receive this letter will be in the middle of March.
Best regards,
Boulogne-Billancourt Student Foundation

She put the paper back and took out the money. There was indeed 1400 euros in cash.

Oh my god. Aelita thought, putting it immediately back into the envelope, and stuck the paper into her bag. She knew that this was a lot of money.

It was still surprising that she got this much money and that she will be getting more in March. And also, who did apply her to the programme?

Walking outside of the administration building, she headed straight into the cafeteria, wanting to get answers. She wasn't mad, she just wanted to know if it was who she thinks (and hoped) it was.