17. Bonnie and Clyde

Mara choked on a sob as everything finally became clear. she stumbled backwards, desperately trying to get away from the villain in her story, her best friend, her betrayer.

Mara pointe her finger at the tall brunette girl, "It was you, the messages, the kidnapping, everything!" Mara cried. "IT WAS ALL YOU! Mara screamed with accusation.

Marlee-Ri just rolled her eyes and laughed, pulling out a knife from her jeans. "It took you long enough!" Marlee-Ri laughed manically, "Honestly I thought you were smart, but all along you never know, you never even questioned me, how I always happened to be busy, how I always disappear with no warning for weeks on end.

And then you had the gall to complain to me about the teenage boys staying at your house, ME! IVE BEEN RUNNING THE A MAFIA SINCE I WAS 13!"

Marlee-Ri's voice shook with rage as she continued speaking "And you were complaining about FUCKING boys. That was the final straw for me, from then on everything you did disgusted me, and I grew to hate you with a passion.

The only solution was to kill you, and your entire family of course, but NO, you survived, and were saved by one of my employees at that. Raphael was an idiot, he thought that he could sav-" Suddenly Marlee-Ri flopped down and behind her was the man she never thought she'd see again. "Raphael!"

***

When Raphael walked into the house and saw Marlee-Ri with a knife, the first thing he did was grab the baseball bat that Neal kept under the doorframe and walked towards the figures, until he could clearly hear them speaking.

When he saw the look of horror on Maras face, he struck Marlee-Ri over the head with the bat, and watched as she crumpled to the ground.

Mara nearly fell into his arms when relief came crashing down onto her as she was finally with someone safe. In that moment, all of the other men and the betrayals faded away like a puff of smoke. She pressed her lips against his. Her one and only. Her safe place.

Raphael pulled away with a sly grin "I see you liked my letters then." He stated happily looking into her eyes.
Mara instantly snapped out of it the gravity of the situation suddenly weighing down on her. "We need to go, we need to leave and go far, far away and never ever come back." Mara spoke with a new clarity in her voice.

Raphael nodded at her, not completely understanding, but trusting that she would fill him in when the time came. "I have a home set up abroad and falsified information for all of us. I knew that you would never be safe with the target on your back, and I am officially wanted for prison break." He whispered, grabbing onto Mara's face, and taking in all of her feature.

"Are we really doing this Raf?" Mara spoke softly, insecurity etched into her features.

Raphael nodded. "Its just us and the babies now, Fugitives of the law."

"Bonnie and Clyde?" Mara questioned. Raphael nodded and repeated her words back to her

"Bonnie and Clyde."

***

As Mara, Raphael, Cerold and Chantelle drove off into the distance, ready to finally start their life as a family, Mara opened her phone and looked down at the email she had just received.

Paternal DNA test results.

Vote. 🥴🔫
A/n let us be honest I deserve the votes at this point with all the effort I put into shooting different emojis 🤪🔫