4. Homecoming (In no way affiliated with Spiderman)

True to Tammy's word, Mara and her two mutants were off and on their way home by the Monday morning.
As Mara exited the hospital, pushing her sweet potatoes along In a two seater pram, Marlee-Ri (Mara's best friend) pulled up in a worn down, off blue, old person like car that made a groaning, off nerving dusty stop as she turned the engine off with a struggle.

"Hop in bestie." Marlee-Ri yelled as she leaped out of the car and opened the backdoor. "Look at these cute car seats I brought on Etsy!" She cried, "They are even orange to match Channie's and Cer Cer's hair!!!!"

"Wow." Mara stated, clearly unimpressed that her twins were barely two weeks old and already getting obgingerfied.

But none the less, when Marlee-Ri threw herself on to Mara giving her a big hug, she smiled and hugged her back.
"Did you shrink?" Her best friend said jokingly.
"Shut up, it's not my fault you're abnormally tall!" Mara quipped
"I'm 5'8, that's hardly tall, you're just a #shortking"
"I'm average height!"
Marlee-Ri ignored Mara and started to unstrap and put the babies into the car.

Mara zoned out on the hospital, the nervousness creeping in as she thought about her imminent future.

"Ahhh!" Mara heard a cry snapping her out of her thoughts.
She quickly turned around to see Cerold with his chubby sausage fingers wrapped around Marlee-Ri's hair and a vengeful look in his eyes.

Mara rushed forward laughing at her son's cuteness and taking the hair out of his hand gently.

"That is not a child, that is a demon!" Marlee-Ri yelled with her finger pointed at Cerold.
"Shh, don't listen to her my beautiful babykins," Mara whispered to Cerold, befire turning around to Marlee-Ri and glaring at her. "Don't blame Cerrie woo woos for attacking your hair, he just isn't used to seeing brunettes, the only hair he's ever seen is Ginger and after Tammy once came in with her hair down and he scalped the left side of her head, she always wore a ginger wig when visiting."

Mara plugged his seatbelt in and gave him a kiss on the nozzle before going and hopping into the front seat.

"That child needs exorcising." Marlee-Ri mumbled under her breath checking Chantelle's seatbelt and giving her a quick smile, feeling relieved at least one of her best friends offspring wasn't truly the spawn of Satan.

As she sat in the front seat and adjusted the front mirror, she noticed Cerold grinning maniacally at her. She jumped and then rolled her eyes thinking about how she was pretty sure that babies weren't supposed to even be able to make facial expressions like that.

Mara, was also looking in the mirror at her babies, but conveniently didn't notice the fact that one of her children looked like Chucky, and just smiled contently at her 'darlings'.

The car made a whining cracking sound as the engine spluttered on, and Mara shut her emerald orbs, exhausted from newly becoming a mother, and for once in her life, exited for the prospect of the future.

A while later, Mara felt a nudge on her shoulder and looked over to see Marlee-Ri smiling at her.
"We're here lovely".

Home sweet home.

Vote. 🕷️🔫