7. Job hunting

It had been nearly a month since the twins had been born and Mara was beginning to settle into motherhood, when an ominous letter arrived in the post, letting her know that she had been neglecting all of her bills.

Come to think of it, she did remember at some point Marlee-Ri telling her that she had been sorting and organising all of Mara's bills and taxes, and to be honest nearly everything of any importance whilst Mara had been in a coma.

Unfortunately Mara also remembered Marlee-Ri handing over all of the information nearly a month ago when mara had screamed at her for changing all of her login passwords to queenTsw1ftSl4yz.

If it wasn't the consequences of her own actions.

Knowing the first step towards functioning as an adult in society was finding a job, Mara began the great hunt. After nearly two weeks of constant rejections and passive aggressive we cannot employ you emails Mara was on the verge of giving up.

She had even applied to work at McDonalds, and even they rejected her, which was a sign to Mara that the search wasn't going well. maybe she shouldn't have put '16 year old single mother' on her CV.

It was an abnormally rainy Monday morning and Mara was cuddled up on the sofa with her phone, reading some quality secretary porn, when she heard aggressive panting and wheezing, much alike an elderly male with tuberculosis. Soon after came a feeble scratching sound and then heavy footfall, slowly approaching her.

Mara rolled her eyes, recognising that sound anywhere. Soon enough Bartie mc mab strutted through the door, jaw hanging open in a crazed, rabid way with her arse swaying sassily.

"Ahh look, its the betraying whore!" Mara uttered incredulously looking down at Bartholomew, who was now splayed across the floor, belly out for all to see.

As Bartie jiggled her roles, a piece of paper flew out from between one of them and smacked Mara across the face. Mara unfolded the piece of paper and carefully read the words on it.

'MARKIES BIG BAGUETTES In need of female workers below the age of 30. Interviews take place on the 20th March at Markies Big Baguettes PO..... Minimum wage is the maximum your wage will be.'

A wide smirk grew on Mara's face.

***

It took Mara nearly two hours to find the place on google maps, and even more time than that to actually find the place in real life. Markies Big Baguettes was nearly impossible to find.

It was located off the shore and right near the docks, not looking anything like a friendly or upstanding establishment. There was a large row of modern, suburban looking, extremely run down looking houses, Markies Big Baguettes being located right in the centre of all of the houses, looking as unapproachable as a middle aged man wearing a tracksuit.

Mara displayed her usual behaviour by ignoring the red flags being aggressively waved in front of her eyes and simply continuing to walk straight up to the red painted door.

Vote. 🥺🔫