13. We aren't out of the woods

Mara sat down on the small bed in her cell and laughed. She had been through so much, yet still more things kept being thrusted her way. Soon the once laughter turned into hysterical tears, making mara look mentally insane.

As she sat hysterically laughing and crying at the same time, the door to her cell opened and Harry Styles came in, almost frowning when he saw the state that she was in.

Harry walked over to her and sat down on the edge of the bed across from her. "I didn't want to kidnap you originally, you know. I only followed orders and did what had to be done." Mara looked over at Harry, deciding to be civil and try and get some information out of him, whilst he was in a talkative mood.

She wiped her damp eyes and then spoke "What do you mean following orders, aren't you the leader of the Mafia?" Harry laughed at her ignorant words. "There are lots of different Mafias love, this is just one of them and I am only the face of it. The true leader, even I do not know who they are."

Mara was shocked when she heard this information, but kept her cool as not to risk Harry closing up and going back to ignoring her. She chose her next words wisely "So how did an international pop star end up, the face of this Mafia?"

Harry looked down at the floor, clearly considering weather to answer or not. "I got into some trouble with substance abuse early in my career and I was given an ultimatum: join the mafia or lose my career and end up dead."

Mara nodded at his words, feeling confused now as she realised that there was so much more to Harry Styles than just an obnoxious celebrity mafia member. They sat there together in complete silence for a while, before Harry started to speak again.

"Austin joined the mafia a few months before me, he wasn't even my superior, but liked to act it. He was always so put together and acted so good. No-one saw through his act, not even his best friends, and not until it was too late. I'm sorry for what he did to you." Harrys head turned towards Mara and he looked at her sincerely.

They stared at each other for a moment, looking deeply into the abys of each others shiny orbs. Mara looked away quickly, cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

Harry cleared his throat awkwardly before continuing speaking again "Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm not Austin's biggest fan, at least not anymore" He looked down sadly, "Despite my feelings towards him and although I think Raphael was right in what he did, he still killed a brother and that means he has to pay. You are his penance."

Realising he was on the verge of saying too much, Harry stood up and turned around, heading back towards the door.

As he opened the door, he turned around to take one last longing glance at the beautiful Mara, who had lain back onto her bed, clearly exhausted from all she had been through.

Vote. 😆🔫