16. Birthday Betrayal

Mara was currently staying at Marlee-Ri's house with her twins, too afraid and lonely to be in her big house all alone. Marlee-Ri had insisted that they were no bother and that there was nothing that she would want more than for them to all be together.

She was currently sat on the sofa, sadness seeping through her veins, as she came to turns with the fact that this was her first birthday without all of the people that she loved. Cerold was on her lap, eating her hair, like it was a gourmet meal and Chantelle was across the room, getting a pedicure from Marlee-Ri.

There was so many thoughts rushing through her head. Nothing made sense. Sure she had her freedom again, but at what cost and the person that was after her wouldn't just forget about her because she managed to escape.

Mara looked down at her phone, seeing the string of stalkerish, threatening messages, that had long since increased since she got her phone back.

But this time, instead of just ignoring the ominous messages she replied.

What do you want.

She saw the message go through, but it hadn't been read yet. At the same time that the message marked as delivered she heard a ping in the distance. Her blood rang cold. Could it be, could her stalker be in this house.

Marlee-Ri was still happily playing with Channie on the floor, so Mara placed Cerold down with them and said she was going to the bathroom.

Mara sent some more messages to the creepy number, following the sounds as she heard them, not acknowledging that she was basically being the stereotypical blonde bimbo at the beginning of every horror movie as she did so.

Eventually Mara found herself in front of a white door in Marlee-Ri's bedroom that she had never seen before. Taking a deep breath, she pulled open the door that had been left unlocked.

A single tear rolled down Mara's face as she took in the view in front of her. It was Marlee-Ri all along, all of it. Mara staggered out of the room, turning around to see the devil herself saying something too her "I put the babies down to na-" She stopped speaking as she took in Maras expression and her face went solemn.

Raphael

As Raphael sat alone in his prison cell, writing yet another letter to his beloved Mara, he realised that something had to change. Mara would never agree to be with him if he was stuck inside a prison. And so a plan was formed.

112 days later

Raphael panted as him and his prison mate aka fellow escapee ran through the entrance of the prison, alarms ringing loudly in their ears from all around them. "LEFT!" Horace screamed, directing Raphael towards the getaway vehicle. They were nearly there, just 10 meters left. Raphael pushed himself harder than he ever had in his entire life.

Finally his hand reached the car door and it swung open as he jumped into the drivers seat. Horace hopped in behind him at he immediately started the hotwired engine.
Hands on the wheel, grin on face, Raphael looked into the distance "Happy Birthday baby, I'm coming for you."

Vote. 🤩🔫